Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: REI Sale Has Items for Motorcyclists

Can't wait to try it out

After my a weekend of mopping out my trusty 12 year old Sierra Designs Omega CD tent during heavy rains on the BRP two weekends ago, I was looking for a new tent. Received the REI sales flyer in the mail and headed to my local store in Glenn Allen, VA. Looked at both the Marmot Limelight 3 and the Mountain Hardware Light Wedge 3, which the sales rep set up in the store. Both are great tents, but went with the Marmot. $20 less and included gear loft and fitted ground sheet; extras for the Mountain Hardware. Can't wait to try it out. Also used 20% off coupon to get the GSI Ketalist cook set http://www.rei.com/product/798276 (regular $29.95) which includes a nested 1 liter kettel, bowl, insulated cup, and collapsable sporok. Light weight, small size, and good for those 1 cup meals.
    Jim W.

Got curvy roads?

options

I have been considering a GPS for the BMW. Checked all the listed dealers per the Garmin site and am finding the best deal with J & R. I am hoping to confirm the rebate is valid from them. Save a few $$ for another farkle

I have an 09 RT. Any experience on a good mount? I was in my local dealer and they have a nice minimalist mount (above the dash) from BMW but one of the guys said it only works on the 10, but he has a 550, not sure if it will work with a 660 (smaller top to bottom foot print).
    BMW MOA, AMA, KCBMWMC
    09 R12rt, 01 KTM 200 Exc, 84 Honda Big Red
    98 Katana 750 (gone to a new home)

Quote Originally Posted by Bezdelnik View Post
    I have been considering a GPS for the BMW...{snip}...Any experience on a good mount?...{snip}
    I think the sturdiest mount may be the BMR Products' co-pilot shelf and the BMR GPS mount. Stock photo:

Pricey, but you can securely mount just about anything to it with all the options that are available. Good folks at BMR, too!

You may also want to look into the Wunderlich Navigator GPS mount. It is quite sturdy for a Zumo or Nuvi package and (IMHO) places the GPS at an ideal viewing position. Here's a stock photo:

More about the Wunderlich Mount in THIS thread. I am very happy with the outcome.
    Theo

2009 R1200RT, 2007 Shadow Aero 750 (sold)
    2012 MINI Countryman S, 2004 MINI Cooper S JCW, 2000 BMW 328i

Steve
    Geez--that top photo looks like a fish finder.