Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Charged for shipping in the store?

Still plays with trains. tinytrains's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BikeMike View Post
    The cheapest thing on a BMW.......
    So much for keeping it civil...
    1988 K75 Low Seat
    2009 R1200R Roadster

BOKRIJDER
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTrains View Post
    Amongst BMW riders that's an old inside joke, probably been around since the /2 series.
    It is always said with a smile.

Bokrijder

TT, I think all of us, even those that have disagreed with you to some extent like me, can identify with the frustration you felt. While I take a different view of the situation I can tell you are a great guy because of your avatar.........................

Anyone who has a grey R12R must be an A-one guy!!!

Last edited by AKBeemer; 05-19-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    TT, I think all of us, even those that have disagreed with you to some extent like me, can identify with the frustration you felt. While I take a different view of the situation I can tell you are a great guy because of your avatar.........................

Anyone who has a gray R12R must be an A-one guy!!!
    Thanks. I think this thread has spun somewhat out of control. We are all in agreement that supporting our local dealers an important thing to do and they need to be profitable to stay in business. I was simply upset that the fee was not disclosed up front.

I apologize if I came off sounding like a cheapskate. That was not my intent.

Thanks, Scott

PS, Crystal Grey is still the fastest!
    1988 K75 Low Seat
    2009 R1200R Roadster

I apologize if I came off sounding like a cheapskate.
    Between BMW motorcycles and tiny trains, you can't be a cheapskate!

How tiny TT? G, G1, O, S, Sn, HO... or are we talkin' really tiny...
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Tiny, Please don't take it too seriously. It's a known fact. And I believe I was civil.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    2013 GL1800 Goldwing
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Yarddog
    Thanks. I think this thread has spun somewhat out of control. We are all in agreement that supporting our local dealers an important thing to do and they need to be profitable to stay in business. I was simply upset that the fee was not disclosed up front.

I apologize if I came off sounding like a cheapskate. That was not my intent.
    I agree that this thread has spun out of control, however, I don't think that the 'Gear' forum was ever designed for folks to complain about how they were treated...in my opinion, it was designed for folks to come and learn about different types of motorcycle related stuff, not as a general 'bitch session', so to speak... I've been in your position, however, I can also tell you that I, as a business person, have told my customers up front that there will be extra charges for this and that, and they flatly didn't hear me...

So, maybe the next time you wanna discuss something like this, there may be a better place for it...I know I had a fairly strong reaction to your original post, and I pulled in my horns when I responded to it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Between BMW motorcycles and tiny trains, you can't be a cheapskate!

How tiny TT? G, G1, O, S, Sn, HO... or are we talkin' really tiny...
    Really tiny, N scale. See my club http://belmontshorerr.org

2BikeMike, I know the phrase and said it myself. I just stings when it pointed your way.

Yarddog, I picked this place since it was "gear buying" experience. I never expected this much response. I suspect the young lady simply forgot to mention the fee, or I did not hear it. Had they asked me up front if I wanted to pay $4 to have them in a week, I probably would have said sure.

I know it is difficult for local retailers to survive, and that is why I don't just go straight to the web. I really am on your side. You guys are a needed asset.

Take care,
    Scott
    1988 K75 Low Seat
    2009 R1200R Roadster