Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How does a guy meet one of You...

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    I used to joke with my friends that a guy would have to be a toll taker to meet me

But alas it took me years to learn that just cause a guy rides a great bike doesn't mean he's a good match! And figured out just cause he rides the 'wrong' bike, doesn't mean he's all bad either.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    I used to joke with my friends that a guy would have to be a toll taker to meet me

But alas it took me years to learn that just cause a guy rides a great bike doesn't mean he's a good match! And figured out just cause he rides the 'wrong' bike, doesn't mean he's all bad either.
    That's a very true statement...

I'm still searching and have been for a long time.

I used to yearn to find a significant other who rides...and eventually realised that it was a waste of time.

I've got one now who likes being my passenger, and I think that's better than having someone who has zero interest.
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Of course the alternative is to find a significant other you're interested in and convert them from non rider to rider.

That's what I did................Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

Quote Originally Posted by The_Veg View Post
    I used to yearn to find a significant other who rides...and eventually realised that it was a waste of time.

I've got one now who likes being my passenger, and I think that's better than having someone who has zero interest.
    That's great! My significant other never thought he'd find someone who liked to ride as much as he did...............................Unfortunately he met one that likes to ride more
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

I had met Helen riding another brand...was at my house working on my trailer one Sunday morning...she popped in on this...said she was going to meet her group for their usual weekly breakfast...90 miles away...I got a BMW about a month later to keep up with her!My dang floorboards were taking a beating. Now I don't think twice about riding 200 miles to breakfast.

No converting her..it was me...no riding on the back...unless she or I want too AND , she has more bikes than I do at the moment and rides them all

I think the secret for me was to NOT try to meet someone to fit ...if it happens...it happens...and it did! Brand differences or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

From MARS
    Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    I had met Helen riding another brand...was at my house working on my trailer one Sunday morning...she popped in on this...said she was going to meet her group for their usual weekly breakfast...90 miles away...I got a BMW about a month later to keep up with her!My dang floorboards were taking a beating. Now I don't think twice about riding 200 miles to breakfast.

No converting her..it was me...no riding on the back...unless she or I want too AND , she has more bikes than I do at the moment and rides them all

I think the secret for me was to NOT try to meet someone to fit ...if it happens...it happens...and it did! Brand differences or not.
    And all this time I thought it was tractors that were sexy. Its *trailers*. Would you mind sharing what brand of trailer that was?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by K75KAROL View Post
    That's great!
    Or at least good. GREAT would be if we didn't live 800 miles apart...and no, it's not a fun 800 miles to ride: it's I-20 all the way. But we're working on that...
    Bikeless for now...but not forever!

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

scqtt
    Best of luck.........I think most of the women like HD guys. I am thinking about a Road King just for dating purposes. I have a garage full of BMWs and not matter which one I am on the typical look on their face says it all. Ewwww.....Is that an insect or Transformer? Where is the chrome?

Not married, no kids. 35 years or so left on this mud ball if everything goes OK. Worked in the MC industry for the last 25 years. (that seems really cool, but 98.9% of the people in the industry are guys)

The good thing is no one complains when I park a motorcycle in the living room or decide to take a roadtrip on a whim. The bad thing is the holidays, it gets more than a little lonely. I think I could probably die in my sleep and no one would notice for a week or two.

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Of course the alternative is to find a significant other you're interested in and convert them from non rider to rider.

That's what I did................Rod.
    Turn them to The Dark Side, Darth Vader !!
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
    Best of luck.........I think most of the women like HD guys. I am thinking about a Road King just for dating purposes. I have a garage full of BMWs and not matter which one I am on the typical look on their face says it all. Ewwww.....Is that an insect or Transformer? Where is the chrome?

Not married, no kids. 35 years or so left on this mud ball if everything goes OK. Worked in the MC industry for the last 25 years. (that seems really cool, but 98.9% of the people in the industry are guys)

The good thing is no one complains when I park a motorcycle in the living room or decide to take a roadtrip on a whim. The bad thing is the holidays, it gets more than a little lonely. I think I could probably die in my sleep and no one would notice for a week or two.
    A Road King Eewwww!

I wouldn't mind a bike parked in the living room.

Nice choice of bikes!

scqtt
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
    Nice choice of bikes!

Thanks!

The one that got away was from Amarillo, born in Dumas actually, but raised in Amarillo. She is never far from my thoughts.

There is something special about girls from TX.

Quote Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
    Thanks!

The one that got away was from Amarillo, born in Dumas actually, but raised in Amarillo. She is never far from my thoughts.

There is something special about girls from TX.
    I know I am special... that's because I'm living in Texas... not born here though. LOL

I'm sorry to hear what happened. I take it you know this area than? There are much better places versus here.

It seems to me that if someone is looking for a girl who does this or who does that, or who is interested in this or is interested in that, they are just complicating the search process.

The goal, presumably, is to find someone who is interesting, easy to get along with, and with who has chemistry with you.
    Last edited by rinty; 07-01-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    perhaps looking for 'girls' is the issue
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT