Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How does a guy meet one of You...

[QUOTE=jdmetzger;610646 I'm not sure what to do with myself.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how I ended up getting married, but I'm sure glad I did.......

Oh, and she doesn't even like to ride and, now, drives a Prius.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a day ride with BMWGSRIDER.
    i have ridden with Anna many, many times. not only is she a very good rider but she is a wonderful person to be around. all you single guys in and around the Texas panhandle should be standing in line to take her out.

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    i have ridden with Anna many, many times. not only is she a very good rider but she is a wonderful person to be around. all you single guys in and around the Texas panhandle should be standing in line to take her out.
    Thanks George. Your a wonderful person too and a very good rider. I'm glad to have the opportunity to ride with you.

Registered User motorcycletripper's Avatar
    gawd... this forum made me chuckle! love it!

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    ..... it looks like a lot of 'how we met' and 'how do I meet?' references here so I thought that I'd pass along the quick version of Mary and me in 2001.

After a four year old separation (some of which the old /5 played a role; but that's a whole other thing), I met Mary in 2000-2001. Dancing was the intro medium. Told her about the bike. She never rode. "Would you like to go for a ride.... on the bike?" Affirmative. So we made a ride plan. Unknown to me, she went to a used clothing store and bought an old leather jacket. She told her sister, "Not much money....just in case this doesn't work out". We had a wonderful ride; she was a natural and we haven't stopped grinning since.

Shortly thereafter I asked if she'd like to go for a little longer ride. Sure. "but where?" I showed her a map with a large circle around the U.S. and told her about a motorcycle rally in Redmond, Oregon. Ok. Her first tour was going to be about 12,000 miles on a 28 year old motorcycle with a guy she hasn't even known for a year.

Great, but we have a problem. The bike needs a bit of work and I don't have a place to work on it. "well, you could use my basement", she said. So we did.

A new riding suit for Christmas, boots, gloves, maps, a U Bag, hairdryer..... we're good to go!

Mary on departure day 2001. Next 'big stop": Redmond

A little light in the front, modest brakes (brakes?), lots of sunshine and grins. We get to Redmond, camp with the notorious Black Sheep, have a great time before moving on down the coast to southern Cal and eastward to New Orleans and then up the east coast home. Sometime I should write this little travel story I suppose. Anyway, Redmond was special because we got the Long Distance Two-Up Male Rider award. What a thrill for a person on their very first 'long ride'.

Lots of riding since but our meeting - with much due to that old BMW motorcycle - was a great adventure and a very much a bonding experience - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Really grand! Thanks for sharing your joy!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

rocketman
    Wow, if she can survive camping with the Black Sheep contingent at the MOA, she can survive just about anything!

A "keeper" fer sure!

RM

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Wow, if she can survive camping with the Black Sheep contingent at the MOA, she can survive just about anything!

A "keeper" fer sure!

RM
    She loved it....... even her first "Do What You Want" ride around the rally site. I'm thinking that Hunter S. Thompson was leading that little parade. - Bob

bit hazy but you can get the idea.....

saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

This is a fun thread, I have to chuckle! Any of the BMW clubs out there have plenty of really good lady riders. Each club has breakfasts or camp outs and the like to easily sit down and meet someone.

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    If you want to meet girls; be the opposite of an engineer.
    Ouch!

Despite being an engineer, I've managed to have a wife hang around for quite a few years.

Of course, you must be aware that all mothers warn their daughters to stay away from musicians!

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Ouch!

Despite being an engineer, I've managed to have a wife hang around for quite a few years.

Of course, you must be aware that all mothers warn their daughters to stay away from musicians!

Harry
    Know how to get a musician off of your porch?

Pay him for the pizza!
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Know how to get a musician off of your porch?

Pay him for the pizza!
    Priceless!!

It would be nice if there was a dating website that was geared only to those who ride a BMW...
    Bye bye 2006 F650 GS for a 2011 F650 GS.