Thread: Route suggestions - Vancouver BC to Lewiston ID or Glacier NP

Route suggestions - Vancouver BC to Lewiston ID or Glacier NP

Planning for a trip around the Northwest after our BC tour. Looking for suggestions for scenic route(s) for Vancouver BC to either Lewiston ID or Glacier National Park. Thanks

I rode from Glacier to Waterton then to Banff and just couldn't stop and went to Jasper.
    If this fits your plans DO IT. Getting a camping spot depends a bit on luck, or reserving a space if you plan ahead that much.

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipwalter View Post
    Planning for a trip around the Northwest after our BC tour. Looking for suggestions for scenic route(s) for Vancouver BC to either Lewiston ID or Glacier National Park. Thanks
    US 2, practically door to door.

Lookie here or below...

View Larger Map

Click where is says to view larger map.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

From Vancouver to Lewiston or Glacier Highway 3 in BC is a very scenic drive with some good twisties as well. The section from Hope to Princeton is a great ride. Or you could go south and take highway 20(?) over the North Cascades to Winthrop and continue east. This is one of my favourite rides in Washinton State. I would also recommend Highway 2 from LIbby to Kalispell. It has been a long time but I remember it as a very twisty and scenic ride.

John

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20975 View Post
    From Vancouver to Lewiston or Glacier Highway ... Or you could go south and take highway 20(?) over the North Cascades to Winthrop and continue east. This is one of my favourite rides in Washinton State. I would also recommend Highway 2 from LIbby to Kalispell. It has been a long time but I remember it as a very twisty and scenic ride.
    I 5 to SR 20 to US 97 to US 2... The entire route is scenic.

"Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."