Thread: Half cover for RT

Half cover for RT

Looking for a lightweight, compressible (small storage space requirement) half cover for travel use on an RT. Any recommendations appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chipwalter View Post
    Looking for a lightweight, compressible (small storage space requirement) half cover for travel use on an RT. Any recommendations appreciated.
    I've used the same EZ Touring Traveller "A" cover on a K11LT, K12LT, R1150RT, and R1200GS. It worked on all of them, obviously with more coverage on some than others.

They last forever if you dry them out before putting them away.

I bought a Nelson Rigg half cover (size L?). I like it a lot. I'd look at price, as I think all the good covers are about the same in quality.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '05 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Here's a second endorsement for the EZ Touring cover. Just got one and it's much nicer quality than the made in China one I got at Cyclegear for my other bike.

Bob
    2002 1150RT
    "Concorde"

Willie & Max Travel Cover

I bought one of these off E-Bay over 10 years ago and I was using it on an R1200C and now I'm using it on an R1200RT. Works great, packs small, has elastic loops on it that loop around the bottom of the front forks and a loop that goes over your license plate to hold it in place on the bike. Stays on all night, I've never had it blow off during a windy stormy night on the road.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...=45&zmap=24058

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anyone have experience with EZ Touring's showercap? The small size is appealing, especially for packing. http://eztouring.com/showercap.htm

How about the Tour King half cover? http://www.tourkingcovers.com/shop/custom.asp?recid=3

I use a half cover, like you, to keep the electronics and seat dry. I don't care much about the lower half. If that cover will stay put in wind, it would work form me.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '05 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

I have the EZ Touring 1/2 cover (traveller) and love it.

Using mine right now on a trip

I have never seen a higher quality smaller half cover. Use the Dresser rain half cover for a RT. It works great, if I remember correctly is made of parachute material.

http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/bikecovers.htm
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    12 K1600GTL 07 R1200RT

Highly recommend the EZ cover for the RT. Fits great and their "Traveler" size folds down to stuff in the small bag. Goes on and off in seconds. Love that thing!
    Luck favors those who are prepared.

I like my Nelson Rigg half cover. I admit that I didn't shop a lot. I read a few reviews and went with what NewEnough sold because I trust them. I do have friends with the EZ Traveller who say its a great cover.

Anyway, tne Nelson Rigg half cover isn't pricey at $40 (with shipping), and it packs small. I haven't used it a lot, so I can't say from personal experience how long it'll last, but other reviews suggests it'll hold up well. BTW, I'd recommend getting the XL regardless of what bike you ride. All Nelson Rigg pics have it tightly covering a sport bike like a mini-skirt painted on a smokin' hot woman, but since it snugs up on the bottom there's no reason to buy one that barely fits. My XL size fits nicely over my 12GS with Aeroflow and hard bags, with plenty of room for a top case. Frankly, getting the largest size is probably a good idea regardless of the cover you buy.

FYI, here's NewEnough's page for it.
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mistercindy View Post
    I like my Nelson Rigg half cover. Not pricey at $40 (with shipping), and it packs small. BTW, I'd recommend getting the XL regardless of what bike you ride. All Nelson Rigg pics have it tightly covering a sport bike like a mini-skirt painted on a smokin' hot woman, but since it snugs up on the bottom there's no reason to buy one that barely fits. My XL size fits nicely over my 12GS with Aeroflow and hard bags, with plenty of room for a top case. Frankly, getting the largest size is probably a good idea regardless of the cover you buy.

FYI, here's NewEnough's page for it.
    I too cast my 'vote' for the Nelson-Rigg cover, in XL.

Just rigged it on my son's Honda ST1300 (an R1200RT wannabe!) at his base (Fort Bragg, NC) last night, before flying back to Wisconsin Sunday evening.

Excellent cover, with multiple securing straps/elastic.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.)
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer,THE REF Staff)
    Iron Butt Association Member # 34281

Spendy, but I am going to look at a www.gezagear.com

Decided to get the Nelson Rigg UV2000 half cover XL. Thanks to all for your input.