Thread: Mileage Award Documentation?

Mileage Award Documentation?

What documentation do I need to maintain for the 100K, and greater, mileage awards?

I'm about ready to sell my 2007 K1200GT with about 58K on the odometer and replace it with a 2010 GS, on which I expect to break the 100K mark over the next three years. Does a copy of the title and photo of the odometer showing mileage properly document the GT's mileage?

Thanks,

Mike

An easy method is to have your dealer verify and record the mileage and serial number of the bike you are selling. Then when you surpass 100K they can certify the mileage for both the BMWMOA Award (certificate, patch, pin, decal) and the BMW Corporate Award (certificate and medallion). You need this same type of documentation when you reach 200K, 300K, etc.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    An easy method is to have your dealer verify and record the mileage and serial number of the bike you are selling. Then when you surpass 100K they can certify the mileage for both the BMWMOA Award (certificate, patch, pin, decal) and the BMW Corporate Award (certificate and medallion). You need this same type of documentation when you reach 200K, 300K, etc.
    Thanks, Chuck!