Thread: Greetings from Tulsa

Hybrid View

Question Greetings from Tulsa

Finally decided to join the MOA and drop in on the forums.

I've owned three BMWs and currently ride an R1200GS. It's almost become a fixture of a television show I co-host called Two Wheel Oklahoma. If you're within range it airs on Oklahoma's PBS network every Sunday at 8:30 am.

Rex Brown
    Tulsa, OK
    Two Wheel Oklahoma
    It's like a TV show, but on TV.

Welcome to the Club. I wish I could check your show out. Sounds interesting.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Rex... Welcome! I watched the OK 20 episode at your web site. For years I would fly to Tulsa then drive to NW ARK for business, taking all sorts of different routes through eastern OK. Once a year I would ride it. Fantastic riding in OK and it was good to see familiar sights from your program.

Steve

Lightbulb Watch it Online

Thanks.

I probably should have mentioned you can watch a few episodes of TWO on our website for free and DVDs are also available.

www.twowheelok.com/TV

And my producer would probably remind me that anyone interested in sponsorship should contact us!
    Two Wheel Oklahoma

Welcome aboard! Very cool and I look forward to checking out the show!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Welcome to the Forum

Wow! I checked out your videos of riding OK.. As a denizen of Route 66 located just a handful of miles from OK, I certainly enjoyed the shows. I have ridden extensively in NE OK and Route 66. If you would appreciate input on some ideas for future shows, please PM me.

Question Future Routes?

I'd love to hear any suggestions for future shows. But feel free to post it here- no need to keep it a secret!

A few of the destinations we're working on eight now include the Talimena Drive, Missouri Route 90, Wichita Mountains and the Tallgrass Prairie.

We're hoping to produce as many episodes as funding will allow. The search for underwriters to support a regional show has been a struggle. We're hoping to apply the concept to a national audience if we can find a backer!
    Two Wheel Oklahoma

I rode through the OK panhandle last fall and really liked the country. I think it would be interesting to do a show about the Dust Bowl in places like Boise City. Also, there is a lot of history in the Ponca City area, I thought it was a neat town.

Steve
    Steve Ellis
    2011 R1200RT
    IBA # 38299

Welcome, Maduko!

Hey, here's a thought! Click on the GS Giant link below. The antics of the Queen's Court would make for some great television!

(This made me giggle just thinking about last year's Gypsy Tour!)

Welcome Maduko

I'll check out the website; it sounds interesting. My wife and I took a wine tour about 5 years ago through Oklahoma. Our route took us through Caney, Drumwright, Chandler and a bunch wineries around Stroud OK. Oklahoma is beautiful in the springtime and summer and most of these wineries are off the beaten path which makes it even better. I was borned and reared in OK in the 40's and I still love it today even though I live in Texas. Enjoy the Forum, lots of interesting folks on here and I'm sure you will add a lot to it also.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.