Thread: O-Ring Throttle Lock

O-Ring Throttle Lock

I have an o-ring throttle lock on my 2003 F650-GS Dakar. It works fairly well for my purpose, which is just to free up my right hand once in a while on long rides.

When I was trying to find out where to get the right o-ring, a friend gave me the number of an independent BMW motorcycle mechanic; I called him and he was nice enough to send me an o-ring in the mail. So, I don't know exactly what o-ring I have, but it is made from a hard rubber and therefore is a little difficult to roll.

I am wondering if anyone has found an o-ring that works particularly well for this purpose. I was thinking that a soft silicone rubber o-ring of the right size would be ideal. I have heard others talk about a particular Caterpillar o-ring that is a bright yellow. The one I have is black, and it blends right in, so black is preferred.

Any success stories with o-rings? Vendors and item numbers would be helpful.
    Glenn
    2003 F650GS Dakar

Quote Originally Posted by gblawler View Post
    I have an o-ring throttle lock on my 2003 F650-GS Dakar. It works fairly well for my purpose, which is just to free up my right hand once in a while on long rides.

When I was trying to find out where to get the right o-ring, a friend gave me the number of an independent BMW motorcycle mechanic; I called him and he was nice enough to send me an o-ring in the mail. So, I don't know exactly what o-ring I have, but it is made from a hard rubber and therefore is a little difficult to roll.

I am wondering if anyone has found an o-ring that works particularly well for this purpose. I was thinking that a soft silicone rubber o-ring of the right size would be ideal. I have heard others talk about a particular Caterpillar o-ring that is a bright yellow. The one I have is black, and it blends right in, so black is preferred.

Any success stories with o-rings? Vendors and item numbers would be helpful.

You can go to the Caterpillar place and get an o-ring:

You can check out information on this linky too that will help:

http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/ThrottleRoc...tm#Caterpillar