Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: camping trailer

Yeah, I looked at the Trailmaster a bit while checking out trailers. I went with the Bunkhouse because it had a bigger bed and tent area, and I believe that it has more storage space. I also asked around and I didn't hear any negatives concerning the Bunkhouse. The Bunkhouse folks are nice and helpful and my wife and I saw some Bunkhouses at Redmond and we I liked what we saw.
    Onward, through the fog!

marks146

Thumbs up Trailering on the BRP

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn pete
    i guess i can always mount some angle iron off my fairing with little flags on them to remind me how wide the trailer is..do you know if cops have problems with having a trailer on parkways. i'm trying to remember if i've ever seen one on the brp.
    I rode the whole length South to North this past summer pulling a home built HF cargo trailer without any problems from the park authorities. It was a great trip and one I could recommend doing.

When loaded, the trailer weighs around 450lbs total. I don't have any problems pulling it with my '99 K1200LT. I suppose a camper would weigh more after you get her loaded with all the essentials and nonessentials, too.

What matters most is how the trailer is loaded. I could tell right away if the trailer was out of trim, meaning front or back heavy. After a little shifting of the load and things would be OK once again. I do recommend using some way to hold the contents from shifting during travel. I use an elastic cargo net to keep the load from shifting and changing the tongue weight during travel.

BklynPete
    Quote Originally Posted by marks146
    I rode the whole length South to North this past summer pulling a home built HF cargo trailer without any problems from the park authorities. It was a great trip and one I could recommend doing.

When loaded, the trailer weighs around 450lbs total. I don't have any problems pulling it with my '99 K1200LT. I suppose a camper would weigh more after you get her loaded with all the essentials and nonessentials, too.

What matters most is how the trailer is loaded. I could tell right away if the trailer was out of trim, meaning front or back heavy. After a little shifting of the load and things would be OK once again. I do recommend using some way to hold the contents from shifting during travel. I use an elastic cargo net to keep the load from shifting and changing the tongue weight during travel.
    i'm glad that towing a trailer on the brp isn't a problem. i wonder if they are all that way? i was reading a section on trailers that said to rig up a section of 2X4 so that a scale can rest on it under the hitch. this way you can tell if the load is right by the hitch weight. i wonder if putting a rubber mat down would prevent shifting. i was thinking of using plastic storage containers to pack stuff in, easier to see what you may need to get out then duffle bags.

Bill Zeller

Camping Trailer

We recently bought a R1200C and will be ordering a Bunkhouse Camping Trailer. We wanted a lot of room and a comfortable bed (getting older). We will also tow it behind our Miata. We don't yet have a hitch for the bike. Anyone out there recommend a hitch that will fit it? I believe I saw one on line at A&E but my dealer said BMW doesn't make one.

Anyone out there tow with the R1200C?

Thanks, Bill Zeller (my 1st post)

2002 R1200
    96 Goldwing

rbs

Question The Lees-ure Lite has been recommended

I just read through this thread and offer my two cents, well maybe a penneys worth.

I am looking to purchase a camping trailer and plan to pull it behind my R1150RT. It was suggested (by my brother) that I seriously consider the base model Lees-ure Lite.

The recommendation was for a couple of reasons. First the roof has no wood in the construction, and second the fold out has rails that preclude it from sitting flat on the ground where it would be subject to flooding. Also there is more than adequate headroom.

Any feedback on this trailer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob