Thread: Camp Allagash

Clay

Question Camp Allagash

I guess I'm having a nostalgia moment and maybe this will be a shot in the dark..but I'm looking for some information about an old camp that my self and my brother used to attend when kids..

This camp was called Allagash and was located on Moosehead Lake, Greenville,Maine. It was a boys only camp and was supported by several Philadelphia private schools..it was in a way a forerunner of today's Outward Bound Wilderness Camps. I would appreciate to hear from any one that has knowledge of this camp.

Regards,

Clay
    Kimberton,Pa.
    Last edited by Clay; 04-26-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I guess I'm having a nostalgia moment and maybe this will be a shot in the dark..but I'm looking for some information about an old camp that my self and my brother used to attend when kids..

This camp was called Allagash and was located on Moosehead Lake, Greenville,Maine. It was a boys only camp and was supported by several Philadelphia private schools..it was in a way a forerunner of today's Outward Bound Wilderness Camps. I would appreciate to hear from any one that has knowledge of this camp.

Regards,

Clay
    Kimberton,Pa.
    Hi Clay. I didn't go to Allagash but I did a simikiar program through a CT YMCA camp Hazen that used an inactive Scott Paper Company logging camp between Moosehead and Indian Pond (the Western side of Moosehead). Most of the time we were backpacking and spent maybe 1 day a week at base camp. One of my fondest memories from my mid teens.
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT