Thread: K wedge 4 cyl bike Gas line connector/ pump Recalls...how many have had the cracks?

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar

K wedge 4 cyl bike Gas line connector/ pump Recalls...how many have had the cracks?

I seem to see indications of the K12S, etc. having mostly cracks around the fuel connector rather than just needing the metal collar. What has the experience been to y'all?
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

No cracks on both of our bikes. The Beemerboneyard ring was removed and BMW ring installed.
    Engles had mentioned most of the cracked flanges they have seen were on 2010 and older bikes.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    No cracks on both of our bikes. The Beemerboneyard ring was removed and BMW ring installed.
    Engles had mentioned most of the cracked flanges they have seen were on 2010 and older bikes.
    Hmmm...'08...
    My other bike is a BMW.

I had cracks on my 09 K13GT and the dealer put a new pump on. They also installed the bigger battery cable and new starter relay at the same time.
    Seek Fun. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most fools do" BF
    2009 K1300GT, S1000RR sold, F650 sold
    2011 R1200GSA
    2014 Kawasaki DTracker 250 (Chiang Mai Thailand)

Quote Originally Posted by cjack View Post
    Hmmm...'08...
    Ok. Two '08 K1200Ses and two slow leakers with cracks. Fairly low mileage, 17K and 24K. New pumps...
    My other bike is a BMW.

Repalcement Fuel Pump

Took the bike in on the recall - former owner or shop used bondo to stop a leak due to the cracked housing.

Unit was replaced free of charge . . .

My K1200 fuel pump is being replaced next week. Here is the recall notice from BMW. This affects 51,000 BMW motorcycles from 2005 through 2011 both K and R bikes. Here is the link to the recall for those that are affected

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...V617-4608P.pdf

I had my 2005 K12S in for the fuel pump recall (it was defective) a couple weeks ago, then last week I had a fuel leak at the connector to the tank. Dealer that did the recall fixed it for $17 part cost, which I thought was nice. BMW of Denver, they have been great every time I've been in for parts, etc.

K1200s fuel lleak

Quote Originally Posted by tripledigits View Post
    I had my 2005 K12S in for the fuel pump recall (it was defective) a couple weeks ago, then last week I had a fuel leak at the connector to the tank. Dealer that did the recall fixed it for $17 part cost, which I thought was nice. BMW of Denver, they have been great every time I've been in for parts, etc.
    I had a slow leak at fuel flange, sent to Oahu from Big Island by Barge, new fuel pump, cam chain tensioner and shock handle Recalls, Trying to get the shipping expense covered is a night mare, poor communications fro BMW to half ass insurance carrier of Road side Assistance, no one knows anything about the recall and BMW covering the shipping expense.Good Luck Woody

Have an O7 K1200GT. Inspected by dealer and determined new fuel pump was in order. Replaced in an hour and a half under warranty. Understand that approximately 51,000 BMWs are under recall for this issue. Just not K bikes but R bikes back to 05.

Picked up my '10 K13S this morning. No cracks, just the ring. If you want to try a Booster Plug or Accelerator Module you can have them installed for minimal labor with the recall.