Thread: K75RT Windscreen

dub-bmw

K75RT Windscreen

Replacing the windscreen on my 1990 K75RT and would like to see if anyone has opinions or experience with Clearview vs. Parabellum shields.

tricyclerob
    I have a +3" clearview on my K75RT. Had it 3-4 years and no problems, but I've not had a Parabellum on this bike so I cannot offer a comparison. I recall the cost of the Clearview was reasonable.

I'm 5'7" {on a good day} and I look through the screen. I know some that can't imagine that but it doesn't bother me.
    It's like riding in the "cone of silence". No buffeting whatsoever.
    The top of the +3 is about at the top of my forehead, but I'm sitting on a Corbin which is a little lower than stock.
    It's my cold weather, long distance ride.
    rj

I installed the Parabellum 18" and it makes a tremendous difference with the wind buffeting. The Parabellum has a "vented" base that scoops some air to the inside and then up to reduce noise and drag. It's been on the bike for 17K miles and still crystal clear. I couldn't be happier with it. More than 100 times better than the stock screen with wings that I took off.

Thumbs up

I also installed a Parrabellum and have had great results, sorry I can't tell you off hand the height I bought, but the lady on the phone will advise you based on your height.
    Cheers,
    Ian
    Ian Robert "Scoobs" Scobie

'92 K75RT, '02 F650GS Dakar;
    But fondly miss.. R80RT, R45,CB250RS,DT125MX,TS100

For me, the Parabellum is a big improvement over the OEM "winglet" shield, with a big reduction in wind turbulence.

I'm 6'1" w/ 34" inseam, and the 20" Parabellum allows me to see over the top of the shield.
    "One day you're a kid sitting on a bike, dreaming the road; next thing you know, your social life consists of drinking microbrews with middle-aged roosters who ride BMWs and wear Aerostitch suits."

- Joe Glydon