Thread: K75RT Windscreen

dub70123

K75RT Windscreen

Replacing the windscreen on my 1990 K75RT and would like to see if anyone has opinions or experience with Clearview vs. Parabellum shields.

I have a +3" clearview on my K75RT. Had it 3-4 years and no problems, but I've not had a Parabellum on this bike so I cannot offer a comparison. I recall the cost of the Clearview was reasonable.

I'm 5'7" {on a good day} and I look through the screen. I know some that can't imagine that but it doesn't bother me.
    It's like riding in the "cone of silence". No buffeting whatsoever.
    The top of the +3 is about at the top of my forehead, but I'm sitting on a Corbin which is a little lower than stock.
    It's my cold weather, long distance ride.
    rj
    Rob Jones

"I like new stuff... especially after it gets old"

'59 R69
    '73 Guzzi
    '75 Goldwing
    '77 Triumph
    '86 R65
    '92 K75RT

I installed the Parabellum 18" and it makes a tremendous difference with the wind buffeting. The Parabellum has a "vented" base that scoops some air to the inside and then up to reduce noise and drag. It's been on the bike for 17K miles and still crystal clear. I couldn't be happier with it. More than 100 times better than the stock screen with wings that I took off.

Thumbs up

I also installed a Parrabellum and have had great results, sorry I can't tell you off hand the height I bought, but the lady on the phone will advise you based on your height.
    Cheers,
    Ian
    Ian Robert "Scoobs" Scobie

'92 K75RT, '02 F650GS Dakar;
    But fondly miss.. R80RT, R45,CB250RS,DT125MX,TS100

For me, the Parabellum is a big improvement over the OEM "winglet" shield, with a big reduction in wind turbulence.

I'm 6'1" w/ 34" inseam, and the 20" Parabellum allows me to see over the top of the shield.
    "One day you're a kid sitting on a bike, dreaming the road; next thing you know, your social life consists of drinking microbrews with middle-aged roosters who ride BMWs and wear Aerostitch suits."

- Joe Glydon