Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bike to bike full face helmet

Hybrid View

Bike to bike full face helmet

I am thinking about getting a communication system for bike to bike.
    I use a modular helmet. I did not see anyone comment on a system.
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

We use modular helmets - Nolan 102s. We have AutoComm systems with the Kenwood radios and speakers in the helmets. Works very well for us, both bike to bike and 2 up.

+1 for the Autocom. Some buddies and I are just getting the final touches done on our systems, but they seem to work great. Music, cell phone, intercom, and bike to bike all in one unit. Pretty cool! I'm using a Nolan 102 modular and the components fell right into place.

Communication

Tom,

My brother and I got to try out the Cardo Scala G4. We rode for 17 hours in two days. The quality is excellent and i can hear him perfectly. He has a modular helmet and i had the full face ARAI Quantum. Just make sure to properly place the ear pieces to hear better. The foam on the mouthpiece can be irritating, but you get used to it. The entire trip was more enjoyable and safer with us watching for other cars trying to swerve into us. Try it out, I recommend it HIGHLY---Cardo Scala G4

Marius

I'm looking at the G4 & the Sena SMH10 - $219 a piece or less buying 2 set.$399
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...mh10-intercom/
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...h10-part-2.htm
    Who knows what Autocom is up to after being boughtout & wires & their proriety cables are to way overpriced.
    How do you like the G4?
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Got curvy roads?

experience with these units?

Quote Originally Posted by 119240 View Post
    I'm looking at the G4 & the Sena SMH10 - $219 a piece or less buying 2 set.$399
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...mh10-intercom/
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...h10-part-2.htm
    Who knows what Autocom is up to after being boughtout & wires & their proriety cables are to way overpriced.
    How do you like the G4?
    I saw the same reviews. Also the Interphone review off the Scala G4 review.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...interphone-f4/

The Sensa looks good also. Waiting to see what there comparison review says.

Anyone have experience with these other units as well? Thoughts?
    BMW MOA, AMA, KCBMWMC
    09 R12rt, 01 KTM 200 Exc, 84 Honda Big Red
    98 Katana 750 (gone to a new home)

We run Starcom1. Husband has a modular helmet and the headset works fine. I wear a standard full face. I can integrate my Zumo with blackberry and satellite radio; bike to bike and MP3 player with no worries.
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Scala Rider G4 Just Ordered

My friend Susan and I just made the plunge for the G4 Multipac (two matched sets in one package). $345 including shipping, no tax on Ebay. Just thought with a two week trip to the rally coming up we needed a communication system from rider to pillion. I have a HJC modular and she has a HJC 3/4. I'll post results after our first ride, we might have it for this weekend. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ivansrt View Post
    Tom,

My brother and I got to try out the Cardo Scala G4. We rode for 17 hours in two days. The quality is excellent and i can hear him perfectly. He has a modular helmet and i had the full face ARAI Quantum. Just make sure to properly place the ear pieces to hear better. The foam on the mouthpiece can be irritating, but you get used to it. The entire trip was more enjoyable and safer with us watching for other cars trying to swerve into us. Try it out, I recommend it HIGHLY---Cardo Scala G4

Marius
    I took the foam off my Q2 with no problems reported by people I talk to while riding. My helmet is a scorpion 900 flip.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

I have a Scalarider setup, the one that comes with 2 sets in a box. It is the one before the G4, the Q@, I believe. Love it & would go to the G4 if I had to replace it. I can go rider/passenger & also communicate with a buddy on another bike just fine. Only complaint is that it has the speakers hardwired into the setup, so in wanting to go to speaker-ear-plugs, I have to solder & heat shrink, cutting the stock wires...

I like the Scala as well. The bluetooth is full duplex and eliminated the need to press a transmit button. The range is OK for riders staying in sight of each other. Installation was about five minutes per helmet. The only downside was that I found out that my wife talks to herself when she rides.

German helmet maker Schuberth just brought out a system based on the Cardo Scala. It fully integrates into the collar of the Concept or C2 helmets.
    http://www.schuberth.com/en/products...rc-system.html
    The user can simply replace the helmet collar with the intercom collar. Looks very slick but 300 Euro. Not sure if they offer it in the US because Schuberth helmets are no longer sold here. Many of us still have a Concept or C2, though.
    J?rgen
    Red Rocks
    04 R1150GS adv
    04 K1200RS last of the great bricks

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    I took the foam off my Q2 with no problems reported by people I talk to while riding. My helmet is a scorpion 900 flip.
    Have a pair of the Q2's coming today to try with my wife and I. Anxious.

R11 - I have an EXO 900 too. Would love to see how you mounted yours and got the mic under the chin shield???
    Nik #140220 - '88 K75C | '96 R1100RS | '77 R100RS | '06 DL650
    '01 525iT (oOO=00=OOo)

Helmets don't save lives but loud pipes do?

Mix and Match

I have a StarCom1 with Kenwood B2B.. Can I communicate with another bike using a G4?

96 R11RS
    04 R1150RTP

Quote Originally Posted by insertdisk View Post
    I am thinking about getting a communication system for bike to bike.
    I use a modular helmet. I did not see anyone comment on a system.
    I've purchased a number of Cardo Scala Rider Q2 headsets in the past two years. When my wife and I started using them all our MC friends tried them out and just had to have a set so I've purchased at least five of the sets and haven't had one complaint.

The cheapest prices I've found are on eBay and the Q2 (two complete headsets) goes for around $250.00 which is a lot cheaper than buying at your local BMW dealership where they seel them for $500.00.

Great unit, great price and it has changed the way my wife and I ride. We just love them.
    cbcK1200S - Colin