Thread: Schuberth Concept in the rain

Schuberth Concept in the rain

Does anyone have a problem with this helmet visor in the rain? My shoei zII was much better getting ride of the rain collected on the visor. Also this helmet has a issue with water collecting on the visor inside when it is cold.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I have a fog city insert and it stays dry. I can see condensation around the perimeter of the insert, but not where it is placed. the best anti fog will condense moisture eventually when it is really cold out.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

speaking of your fog city insert. can you move it from helmet to helmet? (I have one I wear in the winter cuz it is bigger and my shellclava fits underneath it better). Also - where did you buy the insert?
    I now return you to the thread....(sorry)
    Last edited by Cliffy777; 12-01-2004 at 02:48 AM.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    My Schberth is better than my Nolan in the rain. Both these helmets allow for some venting to keep fogging down, Nolan's way had water run down the shield and drip on me now and then, Schuberth is better.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    speaking of your fog city insert. can you move it from helmet to helmet?
    Hey Cliff

If yur talk'n the Fog City inserts, they can't me moved to different screens. They cost about $20 and I find if I treat them very very well they last for about 1 year.

They scratch very very easy and attract dirt and dust like mad so that you get a film over the insert in just a few days of ride'n. If ya clean it with clear H2O and yur fingers and dab dry, no wipe!, they do alright.

You get some halo effect at night and after a year or so they start do'n a slight fog up so I replace them.

As for the Schuberth; mine leaked down the inside of the face shield and I never could stop it.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Cliffy, what Rad said. You can move the face shield if the helmets are the same type. I really like them, they are easy to install and if you care for them they will last at least a year.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by matthew517
    Does anyone have a problem with this helmet visor in the rain? My shoei zII was much better getting ride of the rain collected on the visor. Also this helmet has a issue with water collecting on the visor inside when it is cold.
    We ran through a real frog-drowner last June in Wyoming. My Schuberth didn't leak a drop, while my buddy with an HJC flip-up was getting a lot of water inside.