Thread: Custom Vanson?

'91 K100LT, '99 R1100RT theblueeagle's Avatar

Custom Vanson?

Has anyone ever had a custom Vanon jacket made? I'm seriously considering one to replace my worn (and long ill fitting) leather jacket. The reason for considering a "custom" jacket is my funky measurements. I'm relatively trim, high waisted, LONG armed and moderately tall. Most "off the rack" jackets just don't fit well. I know, it will be expensive but feel it is well worth it for something that fits well and lasts a long time.

Thank you for your opinions and suggestions.
    Ride Safe - Be Safe

Never ordered a custom Vanson, but I have both pro-perf and solid Vanson jackets. They still may have their free armor available, and you might ask them (always pleasant and helpful by phone) while ordering custom to add or subtract pockets, velcro patches, subdued or reflective Vanson patches etc....might as well have the outfit built to accommodate your gadget/wallet/etc. placement. Good riding.

TGHSMITH
    being of the gangly myself, years back I had a leather jacket made to measure by vanson, had a local tailor take the measurements and talked to vanson about riding positions(R100RS) wore that perfect leather for 20+ years, that being said a few years back I purchased a tour master jacket and pants because they were one a very few companies that had tall sizes off the rack,it all fits, the price was great, rain and quilted liners included, 25-100 degrees it al works well...still pull on the vanson (triple weight leather) for a cool morning ride,,,,,

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Custom leathers sounds nice!
    '02 R1150RT

Langlitz makes custom jackets as well

You might want to check this out

http://www.langlitz.com/