Thread: Volunteering?

HODAG

Volunteering?

Looks like I finally will be able to attend a national, and am interested in volunteering. I'm just not sure which area to volunteer for, anyone with an opinion? Any area need more help than the other?
    Mark

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Well I am going to need help as are lots of other people. I would say check out this list http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally05/chairs.htm or ping Bouncin' Bob http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/member.php?u=1226
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Hey Mark,

Thank you for considering spending some time helping out at your first National. I have met some wonderful riders from all over as a result of a few shifts.

Just about every aspect of the event can use help. As Brad mentioned a good place to start is the committee chair list. In addition to providing contact info for the chairs, you can also get an idea of what needs to be done by checking out the list of committees. I would suggest that if you see any committees that sound appealing contact the chair and offer your services. There are also some committees that need help setting up (beer garden, registration) if you want to come early. I happen to enjoy working with the setup crew as much as the rally itself but be warned, setup is an all day affair. (But you can score a great camping spot)

If you like people registration is a great place to be, you get to greet folks that have ridden in from all over the country and welcome them to the rally.
    If you don't there are also plenty of vital tasks that are well removed from the center of activity.

Once again thank you for considering helping out. Without folks like you our rally would either cost $$$ or really stink.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    What Rob said. Find something that interests you. Or, put your hat in the ring with me directly, there may be some super secret awesome spots to fill.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

johnephlin

Queston

Rob: There is a Nye County in Nevada. Named after one of the pioners of the State. Are you a relative.

Encumbered by employment BouncinBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ephlin
    Rob: There is a Nye County in Nevada. Named after one of the pioners of the State. Are you a relative.
    Rob got stopped for speeding during the Iron Butt Rally, in Nye county... they let him go, or so the legend goes.
    Bouncin Bob Malehorn
    Treasurer - BMWMOA
    Mentor OH
    98 K12RS RIP
    02 K12RS
    03 R1150R Hers
    69 H1

Quote Originally Posted by John Ephlin
    John,

Every Nye in the United States is a decendant of Benjamin Nye who landed in Massachusetts with the Pilgrims so the answer is yes.

I did get pulled over in Nye County during the last Iron Butt Rally and by pointing out that my name was on his uniform I was able to get by with a warning.

Best,

Rob Nye

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye
    I did get pulled over in Nye County during the last Iron Butt Rally and by pointing out that my name was on his uniform I was able to get by with a warning.

You sneaky devil, you.

Here's to pilgrims' progress.
    Chace
    "The immortals are gone. Now we are the immortals."
    -T. Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye
    John,

Every Nye in the United States is a decendant of Benjamin Nye who landed in Massachusetts with the Pilgrims so the answer is yes.

Best,

Rob Nye

Only you Rob would have an organization devoted to your family's last name. That's great.