Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big Mak Tank Bag for 2002 R1150RT

I planned on buying a new Stealth SS (small) bag, I've waited to long if they are out of bussiness. Bought mine in'03 and the small one stays on the bike except when touring,I also have the Large and XL. The small one works fine it's just faded to greyish charcoal .

It's such a good design. I am surprised that no one else makes one like it. I will just keep repairing mine until I find something else that works as well. I love fueling up the bike without having to get off of the bike.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    I have one on my 2002 RTP and love it. When the stitching started falling apart soon after buying the bag from Mark, Mark sent me a brand new bag without my having to ask, and let me return the old bag on the honor system.

I recommended his bags to everyone looking for a functional tank bag that doesn't touch the paint and doesn't interfere with fueling, and I was saddened when I learned Mark is no longer in the tank bag business.

The bags are top-notch, Mark's customer service was perfect, and I loved recommending the bags to other riders.

You'd think someone would be producing a similar product, considering how useful the "Big Mak" bags are.
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Rally Rat
    A few months ago he contacted me and said that he is "temporarily" out of business but plans to restart some time in the future. No specific date!!!

If true then
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com