Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Smugmug (photo sharing) affinity program

DZIMBRIC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KBasa
    Got a link to the post? I'll take a look at it for ya.
    I figured it out and now you may have created a monster. Here is a link http://bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.p...5012#post45012

Quote Originally Posted by dzimbric
    I figured it out and now you may have created a monster. Here is a link http://bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.p...5012#post45012
    broadband and photo sharing is changing the face of the internet.

Thanks Rob!

Tried the 7 days free and upgraded to the middle of the road, I'm not the pro type, yet. KHN (WaterTownCrier.smugbug.com)

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the props. It wasn't just me, Dave Swider (Kbasa) had quite a bit to do with this arrangement. I just got to make the announcement.

If you check out my gallery at rpb.smugmug.com you will see I have a decent amount of pictures. Bear in mind I am linking to photos on multiple forums and even with fairly heavy use I am still nowhere near needing to upgrade to pro.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye
    Hi Karl,

Thanks for the props. It wasn't just me, Dave Swider (Kbasa) had quite a bit to do with this arrangement. I just got to make the announcement.

If you check out my gallery at rpb.smugmug.com you will see I have a decent amount of pictures. Bear in mind I am linking to photos on multiple forums and even with fairly heavy use I am still nowhere near needing to upgrade to pro.

Best,
    I've got a few thousand photos up at http://kbasa.smugmug.com and have them linked all over the internet. I don't think I've ever had a problem with bandwidth. I'm on the Power User plan, or whatever it is.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Thumbs up Smugmug!

Oops, I had smugbug, anyway I'll be checking out your sites while it's snowing later today. And Thanks Dave for the MOA connection to
    Smugmug.com So much stuff to do, not enough hours in the day.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by knary
    broadband and photo sharing is changing the face of the internet.
    Wait until you try VoIP-based collaborative photo browsing...

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Right Wing Conspirator Grey_Matter's Avatar
    Can I just say again I love smugmug. This is so great. My wife is finally off my back about getting all our photos on-line. It has made a lot of family members happy as well.

Also, about resizing pictures. I use a very simple technique do down-size my pictures before I upload them to smugmug. Assuming you are using Windows XP & Outlook.

1. Select or highlight the photos from a viewer window you want to re-size (the thumbnail view makes this much easier).

2. Select E-Mail this file or E-Mail the selected items if you have highlighted more that one picture.

3. A dialog box will open with two choices. The default is ÔÇ£Make all my pictures smallerÔÇØ the other choice is ÔÇ£Keep the original sizeÔÇØ. Keep the default choice ÔÇ£Make all my pictures smallerÔÇØ & press the OK button.

4. A new E-mail message will be created with you selected picture or pictures in the attachment pain.

5. Highlight the attached (now smaller sized picture) & copy it back to a folder of your choosing.

This is a fast & simple way to make your pictures smaller & uniformed. I sure beats the heck out of resizing them one at a time.

I hope this is a useful tip.

Hey now,

I am glad you like Smugmug, we are very happy with the service. FWIW, many of the images you now see on our website are actually residing on Smugmug, this improves performance and saves us some bandwidth.

One of the beauties of smugmug is that it will share your photos in multiple sizes.

I put up my originals and when I insert them in the forum I go to the photo I want to share and click "share with friends and forums".

The next screen gives me the following options:

tiny > http://RPB.smugmug.com/photos/15387228-Ti.jpg (link) perfect for sigs

thumbnail > http://RPB.smugmug.com/photos/15387228-Th.jpg (link)

small > http://RPB.smugmug.com/photos/15387228-S.jpg (link) forums & blogs

medium > http://RPB.smugmug.com/photos/15387228-M.jpg (link)

large > http://RPB.smugmug.com/photos/15387228-L.jpg (link) high bandwidth!

I like to use the medium setting so the picture described by the links would be:

My GS getting prepped for the 05 Iron Butt Rally

In my opinion the only reason to resize before uploading is if you are on a slow connection.

HTH and thanks for the feedback.

Best,
    Rob Nye
    06 R1200GSADV 06 R1200RTP
    IBA 250 My Iron Butt Rally Blog
    Bristol, Rhode Island USA
    Proud to move oil

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    Glad to finally be on SmugMug, especially as a good deal that also helps the MOA. I have learned an awful lot by reading your FAQ's, it is really all very do-able. Thanks for all the help!
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60

OK - I have a question - I have been a SmugMug user now for almost 3 years and was wondering can a MOA member get a discount when renewing with SmugMug?

Curiously yours,

Rich
    Rich - Denver
    '04 R1150 GS
    '92 K75s

Quote Originally Posted by Dick
    OK - I have a question - I have been a SmugMug user now for almost 3 years and was wondering can a MOA member get a discount when renewing with SmugMug?

Curiously yours,

Rich
    Good question. I think if you mention the MOA affinity program during renewal, they'll help you out. Here's the referral code: v6FeTKhJQ1cFE.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar

Unhappy

I emailed the smugmug gang and asked that question. I was told it was a one shot deal for new users only
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Smugmug and other similar services are pretty nice and make life easy for pic posting, but there are some of us who just need a quick, free way in which to get a pic from the "My Doc" or "My Pic" folder into a post here.

For this task, I have been using Blogger. I simply set up a blog account, keep it private and then upload my pics as needed. There are three sizes available using Blogger's setup for pics and the pic quality is good enough for most of the posting I would do here.

I realize it's about as simplistic as it can get, but for those of us who are somewhat pc challenged, it's about the easiest and painless method I have found--and best of all, it's free.

lovetoride
    this is a test