Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: riding gloves

  1. #1
    Got curvy roads?
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    Posts
    85

    Not Elk

    Purchased a pair of Held gloves. Pricey, but incredible gloves. Very satisfied with them. They have a reputation of lasting years so the $$$ spent will even out over time.
    BMW MOA, AMA, KCBMWMC
    09 R12rt, 01 KTM 200 Exc, 84 Honda Big Red
    98 Katana 750 (gone to a new home)

  2. #2
    Small road corner junkie pffog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezdelnik View Post
    Purchased a pair of Held gloves. ...........

    Been wearing Held's for over 10 years, best glove $$ can buy, IMHO

  3. #3
    Seeking the 4TH dimension _RockZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medford,MN
    Posts
    110
    I also was going to say
    www.leeparksdesign.com

    Good luck
    Friend of Bill W. Kiss the Wife.Love the Kids.Live the Day.

    2005 R1200RT
    MOA#147877

  4. #4
    Curmudgeon in training alzyck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    Been wearing Held's for over 10 years, best glove $$ can buy, IMHO
    I must have gotten a bad set of gloves from Held. The stitching on my Held Steve gloves fell apart in about a year. They were really comfortable to wear, but I was disappointed with how poorly they held up.

    After that I went with a pair of Aerostich Elk Skin Gauntlets. A bit bulkier than the Held's, but very comfortable and super durable.
    BMWMOA #143326

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Cod Ma.
    Posts
    261
    I bought some from the morgan co. in wash. I think, I like them very much. I bought the ones with the seams on the outside.
    Brian

    86 k100rt, 78 r80/7

  6. #6
    Small road corner junkie pffog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by alzyck View Post
    I must have gotten a bad set of gloves from Held. The stitching on my Held Steve gloves fell apart in about a year. They were really comfortable to wear, but I was disappointed with how poorly they held up.

    After that I went with a pair of Aerostich Elk Skin Gauntlets. A bit bulkier than the Held's, but very comfortable and super durable.
    There was supposedly some quality issues when they moved production from Germany a few years ago, but I heard they got it straightened out quickly, and stood behind the bad ones.

  7. #7
    Curmudgeon in training alzyck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    There was supposedly some quality issues when they moved production from Germany a few years ago, but I heard they got it straightened out quickly, ...

    and stood behind the bad ones.
    That wasn't my experience. Hopefully the quality and customer service has been better for others. They lost me as a customer, but that happens. Can't make everyone happy. YMMV, etc.
    BMWMOA #143326

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28

    Gloves

    I'm with Alzyck. I thought the Held Steves were the best thing since sliced bread when I got them, but they wore a hold through the throttle-hand thumb in a few years. I've had much cheaper gloves that lasted longer and won't go back to Held.

  9. #9
    Pressing #1 for English! tictac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by PowderkegPete View Post
    Try your local hardware store. That's where I buy my elk hide gloves -- nice quality, supple, good fit -- for less than $20.

    Pete
    +1 For those gloves. At my local store $19.99 and they fit like gloves.

  10. #10
    Steve rockbottom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    Posts
    807
    I'm a huge fan of Fox Creek gloves--I have four pairs. Strangely, though, I like the elk skins ones the least. They give me hand fatigue after a couple of hours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •