Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather jacket

Hot weather jacket

I am looking for a high quality jacket for hot, humid Chicago summers. Can anyone provide feedback on the Rukka Airob and BMW AirFlow 4?

Thanks,

Check out the Airshell jacket. Purchased one last year and have been very happy with it.
    Chris
    2010 1200RT

XTrooper
    I'm looking also. I currently have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket. It, in a word, sucks.

4. 03-19-2010, 04:48 PM
    Reason
    duplicate

I just bought an Olympia Airglide 2 jacket. Haven't used it yet, temps are still down where I wear my Rally II.

I also bought one of those cool vests, but in your humidity, I don't think it would work... Here in CA, it is great.

Hot weather jacket

I have the Olympia Airrglide 2 in high viz. It is a great jacket and is a lot less expensive than the BMW Airshell.

Depending on the size you take, there are some good deals on closeouts of the Airglide 2 here:

http://www.motogearoutlet.com/jacket...n.htm#airglide

If those don't work for you, the price of the Airglide 3 is still $200 less than the BMW Airshell.
    Last edited by fastdogs2; 03-19-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: error

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    I have a Joe Rocket Mesh jacket and it's great. When in less humid areas I also put on a wet vest under it for additional cooling.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

If its hot I don't wear a jacket...
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

RTFlyer
    Airglide II in light grey for me. I've found it comfortable into the 90's at least as far as that is possible.

I've never seen anything that looks like it'd vent air better than Vanson's Vent Max. Its strictly utilitarian, though. Nothing fancy. The earlier Vent Max 3 version doesn't even have pockets. With the hot summers we have here I'm really considering it. And, of course, Vanson's quality is well known. The current version is the Vent Max 4, but you can still find some of the Vent Max 3 jackets which are considerably less expensive ($250 as opposed to $150). I'm a bit mad at myself for not picking up one of the Vent Max 3 jackets a year ago when they were on sale at my local dealership.

I currently wear the original version of the First Gear Mesh-Tex, which I've had for nearly 10 years. Even though its a good product that's held up well, I don't wear it most of the summer. The mesh is finely woven and vents well at higher speeds, but in slower rush hour traffic its just one more piece of material that I'd rather not have draped over me. The Vanson Vent Max, on the other hand has a much more open mesh that looks like it'd work a lot better in the Texas heat.
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

TGHSMITH
    I've had good luck with my tourmaster transistion II went with them because they have tall sizes also, with the liners it can work from 30 to 100 degrees well...

BRK1200LT
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercindy View Post
    I've never seen anything that looks like it'd vent air better than Vanson's Vent Max. Its strictly utilitarian, though. Nothing fancy. The earlier Vent Max 3 version doesn't even have pockets. With the hot summers we have here I'm really considering it. And, of course, Vanson's quality is well known. The current version is the Vent Max 4, but you can still find some of the Vent Max 3 jackets which are considerably less expensive ($250 as opposed to $150). I'm a bit mad at myself for not picking up one of the Vent Max 3 jackets a year ago when they were on sale at my local dealership.

I currently wear the original version of the First Gear Mesh-Tex, which I've had for nearly 10 years. Even though its a good product that's held up well, I don't wear it most of the summer. The mesh is finely woven and vents well at higher speeds, but in slower rush hour traffic its just one more piece of material that I'd rather not have draped over me. The Vanson Vent Max, on the other hand has a much more open mesh that looks like it'd work a lot better in the Texas heat.
    I've had a Vanson Vent Max 3 for a little over a year. Any time the temps are over 85 that's what I wear. Cordura 1000 mesh and CE armor at a very good price. I just bought a Revit Sirocco jacket because it's said to be a great 3 season jacket. I've only rode in it a few times but with the wind and thermal liner removed it was comfortable on the highway last weekend with temps in the mid to upper 80's. I was looking 1 jacket that I could take on a trip this June that would take me through the Rockies as well as the hot flat lands of Texas. I think the Sirocco my just be the one that'll do it.

Pusser's Pyrate Society Zygmund's Avatar
    Airflow 3 jacket and pants, perfect for me, great fit and good quality.
    '02 R1150RT

Seeking Mental Floss
    I use a Cortec GX-Air jacket and Firstgear HT overpants. Wear shorts underneath them. Very cool, even on a hot Texas day.

Ozzie Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmund View Post
    Airflow 3 jacket and pants, perfect for me, great fit and good quality.
    Hi
    same here. Been wearing them all summer here as well as travelling in 115 degree heat in Central Australia. Very happy with the products. Not cheap but will last a long time.
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer
    BE KIND TO HUMANS... THEY BITE

Airglide in High Viz Yellow!

Plus, with the liner in place, you can wear it when temps dip down to the mid 40s and still not be cold.

17. 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM