Thread: Black and White

Cool Black and White

When I purchased the film for this camara, all I could get was B&W. I"m kind of glad now as I like how the photo came out. I do not have any bike photo's in B&W, so this is open to all photo's in B & W. Fire up that scanner and lets see what you have in Black And White.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Black & White Photo

Here is a picture that my dad took in WWII. If you look there are German and US troops. We found this picture and others that my father took 30 years after his death. I wish he was around to tell me the story behind the photo. The real blessing is the my dad retraced his steps when I was a teenager and took me to all the places he was at during WWII.

Picture of my Dad (baby in the middle) and an uncle and an aunt. Dad was born in 1926, and he can't be much over a year old, so I'd say this photo was taken in 1927.

(Thanks to my Uncle Merle for scanning this and sending it to me.)
    Godzilla!
    '85 K100 "ZoomZoomZoom"
    '71 R75/5 "Zippy"

My Dad, who was born in 1909.

My wifes GrandMothers wedding 1927.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Here's a picture of my dad with his then new R90/6. The picture was taken in '74, shortly after he got the bike.

Now, to make you feel really bad here's the sales slip of what a new bike cost in '74.

Wish I could get a new beemer for that price, today. Would't surprise me if I could get a R90/6 for that price, though.

Fun fact: my dad did not keep this receipt. It came from the files of a friend who worked at selby motors back in the day. It got to me 30 years after the fact. I've also the pink slip and license that went with that bike as apparently it was never turned into the DMV when he traded it in on the first of several R100RT. He kept the R90/6 for 8 years and put 109,000 miles on it (if my memory is correct).

I went online to a inflation calculator and found this.

What cost $3596 in 1974 would cost $15470.05 in 2009.