Thread: New to me 800GS

New to me 800GS

Whhooohooo....After talking to a good client about it for 7-8 months I just bought his 09' FARKLED F800GS. I caught a ride up to Mischlers BMW in Beaver Dam, WI on Tues and handed them a check. (thanks Art! Love nice easy transactions!) He had been storing it there and I just couldn't wait any longer.

Got to get it some racks and bags for spring! And a set of aux lights. That is the only shortcoming I have found so far in 200ish miles of riding. Well, I can tell it'll need a bit more suspension and the some tweaks for some serious fire trail riding but that's down the road. This is the to-from work bike now that the GS R-bike has become the uber long distance bike.

Man I like the yellow/black a lot more than I thought I would. So do the clients that have seen it. i have it in my shop so I can stare at it all day!

Did I say this thing is a hoot! And I have 6 other bikes.....I think I like this one the best so far but each is a different animal with a different purpose.

About it....
    Jason
    Give a hand. http://www.akitas.org

F800gs

I have one myself, it's an animal. I have been using mostly BMW accessories as while most of the time more expensive they were the right ones. I have the three bag black vario set and the way they work is great. good luck and have fun.

A few hundred miles so far. Have to get the aero sorted out though....way too much wind noise.
    Jason

Wind noise

Not real sure on the wind noise as I also switched to a modular helmet-N102. I also have that ear ringing problem so it sound like a cross between a summer night and a whistling tea kettle all the time. I do wonder about a windshield change. I am working on adding music to help mix it up.

I've been through the 36 page thread on ADV and will be trying some different things. I'll report back. I use dedicated formed ear plugs or my Etimotic ear buds. Both have a similar noise reduction. Either way at anything beyond 50mph it's reaaaaaalllllly bad.

I stand up, clean air (duh) or if I slide back 4-5 inches and extend my head up, clean air. My wife got a brief ride and said it was fine. One time being the pillion is an advantage.

I just don't want a huge shield. I have a GS1100 w/ Aeroflow for that. I just think it isn't too much to ask for a bit of quiet. The wind isn't a big deal as far as pushing me off the bike.(other complaints I've heard) I'm just stronger than the average bear.
    Jason