Thread: Indy Moto GP

Indy Moto GP

Getting my act together to attend the Indy GP in August. Has anyone here attended? What's the best spot to sit as there are a bunch of choices? We're planning on camping at the track...It would be great to gather with other MOA folks!
    2004 R1100S
    2008 Buell 1125R, 2009 Buell XB9SX
    2006 Honda CRF 250x
    2000 Honda XR 70, XR100

I've been the last two years and we sit in the upper covered grandstands where pit road empties into turn one. I believe the track uses the term "Penthouse." Not a bad spot for viewing, but really nice when it starts raining or the sun is beating down. Two years ago when it was rain shortened, the covered grandstand was very nice. You can see all of the front stretch and the infield through NASCAR turns 1 and 2 until the riders hit the real infield off turn 2.

I think lots of folks sit along the back stretch and we have spied those spots as well. There seems to be lots of nice grass back there just perfect for a Kermit chair and probably a bit more elbow room than the grandstands. This is probably the place to meet others.

I don't know that you can go wrong anywhere. It is MotoGP after all!
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure