Thread: K1200LT foot pegs

K1200LT foot pegs

I'm trying to find foot pegs that will move my feet down or foward. Also I would like to find some highway pegs that are cheaper than the one's from BMW. Can anyone help me out with this

Quote Originally Posted by 30138 View Post
    I'm trying to find foot pegs that will move my feet down or foward. Also I would like to find some highway pegs that are cheaper than the one's from BMW. Can anyone help me out with this
    I would suggest you go to this website. www.bmwlt.com
    There is a lot of information on different foot pegs.

There is a section in this forum for ergonomics that has more info than you can read in a day.

Common peg lowering kits are Suburban machinery

highway pegs: Mick-o-pegs and J-pegs
    Roy G.
    85 K100RT Ol Ruby "Gone but not forgotten"

02 K1200LTC Hoss

R1100 RT
    I purchased highway pegs from Bob's BMW for a 2005 K1200LT for under $125 last year. They clamp around the crash bars. All you need to do is cut a little of the plastic guards back. I multi tool with a cutting bit works great.
    http://www.bobsbmw.com/index.html

You are looking for a foot peg lowering kit for your driver pegs. There are a few companies that make the foot peg lowering kits. Judson Cycle Sales in Lake Crystal, MN had a used set this winter. You can reach them at 507-726-2222.
    I didn't use them because I felt I would scrap the pegs on occasion with a lower mount.

jerry

Smile

I did have some lowering pegs but did not like them as much as the floor bords that I now have that incorpate the lowering also. Need them due to 32" legs. You can see them at http://www.dodk64.com/pictures.html The cost is $239 + $10 shipping. I do not have any problem with draging on the corners hear in Co. Guess I just not that agressive any more.
    Hope this helps you some.
    slowpokegrw

K1200LT foot Pegs

I have a kit from suburban machinery the lowers the front pegs with a adapter. You still use the original pegs, they are just relocated.

http://www.suburban-machinery.com/

Sparkchaser1200
    2006 K1200LT and K12R

jerry
    That is where I bought my orignal lower pegs but wanted the floor boards. The floor boards I like much better as it gives support to all of your foot.
    slowpokegrw

I use the foot pegs while in the twisties, the jpegs on the highway and Mick o Pegs when slabbing around town.

As for as resting me feet, I just were a boot with a strong sole.

If you want floor boards, get a Harley. If you ride a Beemer, use the pegs. If you do a ton of slab time, get the jpegs and the Mick O Pegs.

jerry
    Guess that you don't go very far on you BMW as after 4 or 5 days of riding my feet get tired even with good boots with good sole. In the Mts of CO theyÔÇÖre a lot of curves and twisty that we take with no problems. Not even in the big city do we have any problems with the boards. Still don't like HD and never had on. Put a lot of miles on Guzzie (Over 200,000K) and they always have boards and they are great.
    slowpokegrw