Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Notice of theft, NW

doktortim

Angry Notice of theft, NW

Riders in the greater Portland, OR area please be on the lookout. Reward for recovery.

Just a note to let you know, My custom tailored Langlitz Columbia was pilfered by a sneak thief the morning of Friday March 5 in Hillboro, OR.

Being custom tailored for me, it has my name typed into the interior pocket lining, Timothy P. Stephens.

It is a Columbia, dark brown goat hide, with contrasting light brown trim on the outside pockets. It has belt loops for my Sam Brown Belt. Just last year Langlitz replaced the thin collar and added a leather half circle to the lining at upper back. Two outside zip pockets, zip at wrists. Men's size 38 approx.

Keep your eyes pealed for the dark brown with light brown pocket trim. Please keep it in mind through out this years rallys. If you see it, please report it.

Reward for return, more for the severed hands of the thief.

Contacts:
    Hillsboro Police, Justin, 503-629-0111,
    file no. 100640761 1st degree theft, felony.

Me, T.P. Stephens, 503-648-3548

Last edited by doktortim; 03-15-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    I'll have my eyes open on my way to and during Redmond. The unique colour combo is helpful.

Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Too bad:(.

Some punk of any age, probably got it for stupid reasons, like drugs or something bad like it. Keep a watch at your local Pawn Shops too, as these kind of idiots are always in for the quick buck! It may well get sold at a pawn shop. I'm also from a past of road warrior, Officer in the Washington DC area and you too, apparently have some kind of conection to it all. Best regards...Randy

Purely out of curiosity, and so I might avoid the same fate, where was your jacket when it was stolen?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Purely out of curiosity, and so I might avoid the same fate, where was your jacket when it was stolen?
    I was standing at a big tray of second hand clothing, about waist high. Took off the jacket to try on another. The only way it could have been taken was, the culprit saw me take it off, sidled up from behind, and when he saw me turn my head left to zip a pocket, reach low and nabbed my jacket. 30 seconds later I notice it gone. He was 20 seconds from the door and likely gone before I noticed. Just seems it could only have been a sneak thief with practiced skill. A regular customer would have held it up initially for inspection and never missed my notice.

Could have been avoided by laying it on the tray/table drapped over the edge then leaning against it while trying on the other.

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Some punk of any age, probably got it for stupid reasons, like drugs or something bad like it. Keep a watch at your local Pawn Shops too, as these kind of idiots are always in for the quick buck! It may well get sold at a pawn shop. I'm also from a past of road warrior, Officer in the Washington DC area and you too, apparently have some kind of conection to it all. Best regards...Randy
    The only connection I have to the law is, I pay taxes that pays their salary.

Yarddog
    Quote Originally Posted by doktortim View Post
    The only connection I have to the law is, I pay taxes that pays their salary.
    It was the reference to a Sam Browne that caused that assumption...

doktortim
    Just a bump to keep this on the top page for a few days.
    thanks,

On the Road

Excuse my ignorance

But what is it?

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digger2 View Post
    But what is it?

http://www.langlitz.com/
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Quote Originally Posted by digger2 View Post
    But what is it?
    Custom made leather jacket. The waiting list is about a billion years long these days.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarddog View Post
    It was the reference to a Sam Browne that caused that assumption...
    I see. Indeed, the Sam Browne belt is perfect for the duty officers, in fact Langlitz has supplied a great many to motorcycle officers since the 50's. All custom fitted for such purposes.

Is this it?

Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

RK Ryder
    Quote Originally Posted by doktortim View Post
    Just a bump to keep this on the top page for a few days.
    thanks,
    2nd bump.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Is this it?

Yeah, that's it, and that is the original designer, Ross Langlitz himself, way back in the 50's. See www.Langlitz.com.
    Last edited by doktortim; 03-14-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: correction