Thread: Your favorite day ride from Wisconsin Dells

Hybrid View

Your favorite day ride from Wisconsin Dells

We are going to spend one week in Wisconsin Dells and we are looking for the best of the best day rides, from 150 to 300 miles. We KNOW that there is some fabulous riding in the Rockport..Kickapoo area! We need your favorite loops! We will appreciate all of your suggestions. Thanks so much!

John & Ann
    Marquette, MI
    John
    2002 1150R
    1991 K100RS

What do you consider fabulous driving, what are you looking for? And when will this be?
    87 K75S, bought new, now sold
    07 K1200GT Bought new, now traded in
    13 C650GT
    MOA 44606

With all respect that is due, my favorite day ride from Wisconsin Dells would be as far away as I could get. The same is true of Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and Disney World.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    From downtown Dells, presuming you intend to remain in Wisconsin, anyplace west to the river and south to the state line. Preferably the alphabet roads.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Quote Originally Posted by manicmechanic View Post
    From downtown Dells, presuming you intend to remain in Wisconsin, anyplace west to the river and south to the state line. Preferably the alphabet roads.

Devil's Lake is close and both interesting and beautiful.
    Not to mention Dr Evermore's
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 03-03-2010 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added nod a nod is as good as a wink nudge nudge
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Check your map for Anamosa,Iowa.Motorcycle hall of Fame and Museum is pretty cool.Also downtown is full of coffee shops,etc.Dyersville,Iowa where Field of Dreams was filmed still has the diamond there.Baraboo wi has the circus museum.House on the rock is cool if you go there plan on a 6hr plus stay. Enjoy Ed

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    With all respect that is due, my favorite day ride from Wisconsin Dells would be as far away as I could get. The same is true of Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and Disney World.
    I guess the 150-300 mile ride blew right past you...
    John
    2002 1150R
    1991 K100RS

Dells ride

Hi John and Ann. I would agree with Mr. Manic. Go west young man along the The Wis. (Hwy 60)and Mississippi (Hwy35 also called The Great River Road) rivers. Any place in the southwest corner is great. If you ride on Sunday stop at the Rockton Inn for a great chicken dinner (not the wedding type) To get to Rockton take Wis. Hwy 33 by Wildcat Mountain into Ontario. Take a left on Hwy 131 and then 7 miles south and look for smoke from the grilling and a lot of motorcycles. Have a safe ride. Kevin