Thread: Amazing Time Lapse Film

Amazing Time Lapse Film

Created from over 35,000 still images, this incredible little film gives the impression of an entire world in miniature.

The Sandpit from Sam O'Hare on Vimeo.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    like watching an ant hill. A world in miniature for sure. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

That is *really* cool.

I saw this time-lapse of the DC snowfall and was inspired to tinker a little with time lapse photography. List add: I need to learn how to reproduce that "miniaturized" effect too! I think they do it by blurring the upper and lower 1/3s of the images with wide, tight, sharp focus in the middle 1/3, plus the time-lapse gives the video an awkward jittery movement, like some items are being hand-operated by an out of frame giant.

'08 K1200GT

Quote Originally Posted by timay View Post
    That is *really* cool.

I saw this time-lapse of the DC snowfall and was inspired to tinker a little with time lapse photography. List add: I need to learn how to reproduce that "miniaturized" effect too! I think they do it by blurring the upper and lower 1/3s of the images with wide, tight, sharp focus in the middle 1/3, plus the time-lapse gives the video an awkward jittery movement, like some items are being hand-operated by an out of frame giant.
    Pretty cool, timay! I liked the look of the street at dusk when the street lamps and assorted house and shoplights came on.

You can read about how Sam O'Hare did his film here.
    http://aerofilm.blogspot.com/2010/02/sandpit-short-film-by-aero-director-sam.html It looks like a tilt-shift lens, but he claims to have shot it with normal lenses and did the effect (as you surmised) in the studio afterwards.