Thread: Anyone heading to Daytona Bike Week from Upstate SC?

It's Happy Hour somewhere spartanbeemer's Avatar

Anyone heading to Daytona Bike Week from Upstate SC?

I plan to ride to Daytona Bike week from upstate SC Thursday 2/25/10 (weather permitting) . If it is raining or cold, no problem; if it is snowing or sleeting I postpone. I plan to depart at dark-thirty AM (about 0630). I ride from tank to tank (about 200 miles per leg) and I run with the traffic in the left lane if you know what I mean. Anyone interested? I will be heading to the B3 campout. I comm with Cardo Scala Q2.
    To ride or not to ride; No question about it!
    '85 K100 & '04 R1150RT
    http://spartan-bemr.spaces.live.com/

Wish that I could make the run with you.
    I won't be making the trip this year due to work. Looks like I won't hit any rallies until Georgia Mountain Rally but I do plan to do the RA rally in Vermont this year. Work also shoots down the MOA rally this year, which is too bad since I have relatives in Portland.
    Are you slabbing it both directions or doing any cross country routes like 321 from Columbia to Savannah or Highway 1?
    Good luck on the trip. Dave

PS: If you see a fellow on a black R1150R (or black R75/5) wearing a YELLOW Shoei helmet and a Gray & Black Aerostich around S'Burg, it's probably me.
    Last edited by DaveSlash5; 02-22-2010 at 02:08 AM.

It's Happy Hour somewhere spartanbeemer's Avatar

Cool Daytona Trip

I wish you could go too. I would like the company. I only have Thursday and Friday off from work so I have to make the return run this Sunday. I will be riding I-State both ways in order to maximize my time at the rally.
    To ride or not to ride; No question about it!
    '85 K100 & '04 R1150RT
    http://spartan-bemr.spaces.live.com/