Thread: Sunday Afternoon Ride

Sunday Afternoon Ride

[IMG][/IMG]

Was out for a ride this past Sunday and stopped in Chipley, Florida. A short ride turned into 176 miles. I am so thankful to be a part of the BMW Airhead family! My original, 3.5 gallon tank should arrive next week and this dented, rusty /7 series tank will be retired. The adventure continues...
    You mean BMW makes automobiles???

Scratchin my head and trying to remember..........I looked at your bike and yes, it's a /6 for sure and that /7 tank, to me looks fantastic. Something, and I really hope someone jumps in and corrects me; but something tells me that you have a /7 seat also as the /6 seat with that tanks leaves a big gap of like 2" or so. In other words the /6 tank is a bit longer and the /7 stuff work without changing...........Again, hope I am wrong; but you might check.....God bless...........Dennis

Dennis, you are good! The tank is /7 series and is in very bad shape (rust, dents) and will be replaced with a beautiful, original condition /6 series 3.5 gallon black with white pinstripes tank next week. The fenders are also from a /7 series but I added a smaller pinstripe inside the painted one... and it has mirror-finish original paint. Look closely at the black cylinders. I have a 1974 R75/6 with R90S cylinders. She runs great but the idle jets need more adjustment. The engine and frame are numbers-matching. The seat is so close to the tank it cannot be secured to the mounts or it will not close. I may be looking for a new seat if the 3.5 gallon tank and this seat won't work.

I found an original 1974 R75/6 seat so I should have no issue with the tank. This will bring the bike back to its original appearance. I am loving this machine!image.jpg

image.jpg

Great ride to Martin Dam from Auburn Alabama. State Highway 50 has a combination of curves and elevation changes unseen this far from the mountains.

Same bike as before, but now returned to 1974 original condition. Panama City Beach and back this afternoon.

[IMG] photo IMG_1390_zps6bddeead.jpg[/IMG]