Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where you gonna go on the bike this year?

Where you gonna go on the bike this year?

After rummaging through some pictures from the past few years of fun rides, I need to get serious about planning for this year.

We usually do a lot of short 1 to 3 day rides around Wyoming, Utah, Colorado.

We are planning to attend the BMWST unrally in July in the Sierra Nevada's (I'm still working on Jan about running up to Redmond), and we usually make a couple of runs down to Torrey near Capitol Reef N.P. and at least one run over to Colorado. We really don't have any other rides "planned" this year, but we could end up doing some spring riding in Nevada and Arizona if things work out.

What are your plans for riding season this year?
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    we're slackers this year....but it comes from competing needs. Vermont BMWRA looks like a 'go to' and in September we host the Salty Fog Riders Rally here in Nova Scotia. Scattered in this is the need to build a barn and finish landscaping: both at the site of the Salty Fog. Probably go to the Bluenose Rally here in NS at the beginning of July. Oh yeah, that car trip in May to Miami..... plus my new fledgling consulting business needs some attending to. Summer will be busy enough.

However, the summer of 2011 promises another 'big trip around a chunk of N America. But that's then not now. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

We will go to the Texas National Rally and Blitz to Branson in April. Then we will travel north and west, eventually attending the MOA rally in Redmond. Then more wandering in the northwest. Eventually we will go to the Bavarian Mountain Weekend rally at Sipapu in September and then come home. Otherwise, we will fill in the blanks as we go along.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Paul,
    I spent a large portion of my adult life in N. New Mexico. Went to college in Las Vegas, and worked as an electricion there for several years and did the wiring on the chair-lift at Sipapu. Before that, all they had was a rope-lift.

Mmmmm Green Chili stew & tortillas for breakfast!
    Dayum. I may have to go to that one! Chymaio Chili is absouloutly the best grown!

IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by 460Jetboat View Post
    Paul,
    I spent a large portion of my adult life in N. New Mexico. Went to college in Las Vegas, and worked as an electricion there for several years and did the wiring on the chair-lift at Sipapu. Before that, all they had was a rope-lift.

Mmmmm Green Chili stew & tortillas for breakfast!
    Dayum. I may have to go to that one! Chymaio Chili is absouloutly the best grown!

We've been there most of the past 15 or so years. It is a don't-miss rally for us.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Chicken Rally-Alabama, Fairbanks Alaska, Redmond-National Rally, etc etc etc.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

June~Another variation of my annual Colorado trip to my home town of Ft. Collins, Colorado, then Aspen via the Cache la Poudre with views of the backdoor of the Never Summer Mountain Range, to Grandby and Leadville, return via the long way around through Alamosa...I want to spend a night at the great sand dunes outside of Alamosa, then head home to Ft. Collins, via south park, then peak to peak highwayfrom I-70 to Estes Park.

July~Lake Superior, clockwise direction. New terriitory past Grand Marais, MN

I really would like to leave tomorrow!

Great to read all those plans! Especially on a gray cold day that reminds me of scenes from the movie, The Road. OK, maybe not that bad!

We usually do Paonia, then Stanley Stomp with riding through BC or the Northwest. This year we will be at the National at Redmond, maybe the Moto GP at Laguna Seca (sp?) or the Washington rally instead of TOR. (It would be hard to miss our buddies in Paonia though!)

Missoula is always a stop for a few days. Great food, old freinds, hot springs, the Lochsa.
    Then to Grand Jean and home to teach. Got to support this habit!

And of course, as soon as we get some spring rains to wash the gravel off, the roads in Custer Park, through the Black Hills and the Badlands are great. And, hopefully a lot of after work de-stress time!

Ride 2 Q 2, Blitz to Branson, Chicken Rally, Redmond, Wisconsin Dells, Trail of Tears and then just riding around.

No UN for me as the timing is conflicting and I have an all day event to put on at the MOA rally. Sure wish the UN organizers would try to not have a conflict next year. The MOA Rally is a constant event, the UN moves around the calendar.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Ride 2 Q 2, Blitz to Branson, Chicken Rally, Redmond, Wisconsin Dells, Trail of Tears and then just riding around.

No UN for me as the timing is conflicting and I have an all day event to put on at the MOA rally. Sure wish the UN organizers would try to not have a conflict next year. The MOA Rally is a constant event, the UN moves around the calendar.
    What about the RA?
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

No big trips for me this year as I have too many community commitments. But in July I will travel down to Arkansas for a week of riding and visiting family. My next big trip on the bike will not be until 2012 Alaska trip. Unless you count the Antarctica trip - hopefully in December of 2010. Most of that is by C130, but the bike will be with me.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Rides

Blitz to Branson, a week in May in Texas Hill Country, New Mexico and Big Bend
    Memorial Day Weekend Ride to Illinois, ride in the Not Superman Rally, attend the Iron Butt National Meet and ride in the Iron Butt 5000. There will be more small ones as the summer progresses.
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

In the newby thread I started, a guy came on to tell me I should go to the Northern Georgia something or other, so Mme. Butterfly and I will take the K1200 RS and head down there at the end of April. Our college mates are Miata nutters and they are always blasting down to Deal's Gap and are very impressed with the area so, Land of Cleves to Northern Georgia it is for us. First BMWMOA outing for us!!
    Of course this summer I will be travelling the small amount of 11 times to Germany and I will be using my K100 (provided I get the sucker running) that lives across the ocean a LOT over there. I do have an outing (job related believe it or not!!) in Northern Germany in late June. We will be visiting Piennemunde and places like that, all related to German airplane history.... In the fall I will be doing a ride with my K100 in France which is mostly for older bikes, (though all are welcome) with the Bimmer club of France which I belong to.
    Andres

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Americade

Airheads at Aerodrome

RA rally in Pownal, Vermont

Salty Fog

Green Mountain Rally

Colors in the Catskills

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    What about the RA?
    Click Here