Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where you gonna go on the bike this year?

Dogwood Trail Rally in Miss.
    Texasdad
    02 R1150R
    USN Retired

It ain't easy bein Cheezy cheesewhiz's Avatar
    The T.W.T. from bottom to top then back down...
    Last edited by cheesewhiz; 03-07-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: rule compliance
    99 RT
    03 KLR

GWHIZ

Is winter going to ever end? Most of our local fun canyon roads are not open yet. Its supposed to snow again this week. I've had my bike out around town (well, and up Big Cottonwood Canyon), but its just not the same as a several hundred mile mind cleanser.
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    Ride 2 Q 2, Blitz to Branson, Chicken Rally, Redmond, Wisconsin Dells, Trail of Tears and then just riding around.

No UN for me as the timing is conflicting and I have an all day event to put on at the MOA rally. Sure wish the UN organizers would try to not have a conflict next year. The MOA Rally is a constant event, the UN moves around the calendar.
    Branson DONE

Ride - 2 -Q This Weekend!
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

riding to Redmond

my riding will consist of riding back and forth to work and the Redmond rally and Top of the Rockies rally
    Marsha Hall
    2012 GS Rallye, Vespa 250GT, Iron Buffalo Motorcycle Training, lead rider coach

Thumbs up

Besides riding to/from work daily, each weekend has one day weather permitting that is devoted to riding different roads in N FL and S GA. An RTE to Tybee Is, Panama City, Ocala, etc with one or two friends. The Redmond Rally, and the Texas Hill Country this fall will be the longer rides that are planned this year.
    Ride Safe

Well, I just got back from a run down to the BMWST Torrey event. This is a very unorganized get together in South-Central Utah. We slabbed it down because of dark clouds over our preferred route. Spent some time on local rides near Torrey, Utah 72, aka "Sweeper Madness" ; Utah 12 over Boulder Mountain to the Burr Trail and Escalante; and Utah 72 to Utah 10 to Utah 31 today on the way home, just a few flurries going up and down from the pass, and wind. I really needed that.
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Two trips I planned didn't happen this year... I am not planning another one for it to be strike three.

I've heard mixed stories about the Wisconsin Dells rally.... is it a good rally? I've never been there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsrider View Post
    Two trips I planned didn't happen this year... I am not planning another one for it to be strike three.

I've heard mixed stories about the Wisconsin Dells rally.... is it a good rally? I've never been there. Thanks.
    It is the BEST! It's our 40th and we're planning a great Rally. Stay tuned, bmwgsrider. Hopefully, we'll have another womens seminar like last year. And the roads are great in that part of the state. Keep your eyes posted on the regional forum in August. I'll be posting info there.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Quote Originally Posted by womanridge View Post
    It is the BEST! It's our 40th and we're planning a great Rally. Stay tuned, bmwgsrider. Hopefully, we'll have another womens seminar like last year. And the roads are great in that part of the state. Keep your eyes posted on the regional forum in August. I'll be posting info there.

Thanks. I'll be watching for the posting.

Trips planned and registrations paid: Georgia Mountain Rally, Great Chicken Rally, ROK Rally, MOA Rally. Others planned in between, plus a ride up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway.

What Happened: Back Surgery, all trips are off till late in the year....BUMMER

Tom, that sucks! I hope the surgery went well and that you are back in the saddle soon.
    Sharon
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Black Hills to Santa Fe solo

Taking my first solo trip in years! Kind of scared and kind of excited. Got to get the tunes loaded to keep my alert! Anyone have some suggestions for long stretches of prairie!?
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one.

Talking Went Cross Country 11870 KM

My Ride Report is in my signature...next year maybe Arctic Circle because we &

Quote Originally Posted by malaszka View Post
    Taking my first solo trip in years! Kind of scared and kind of excited. Got to get the tunes loaded to keep my alert! Anyone have some suggestions for long stretches of prairie!?
    Ahhhh..... the lovely looonnnggggg straight stretches of road in eastern Montana and the Dakotas.

I sing out loud, as loud as I can or I be bop along with the electronic dance music I add to the MP3. I have discussions with myself about whatever current event pops into my head. I honk and wave and yell at cows, horses, dogs, birds, etc.
    Work my way through the alphabet by looking for stuff.... asphalt, box, cow, door, ears (of corn), flower, etc etc. I usually end up cheating.

Caffeine pills help. :-)
    Too damn many bikes to list