Thread: New Member from Nebraska

rglake

New Member from Nebraska

Hello to all. I just purchased my first BMW - K1200LT - and am looking forward to some riding if the snow ever melts. I've come over from a Gold Wing and have had several other machines (Valkyrie, Bonnevilles, Yamaha DT). Looking forward to participating.

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains
    Quote Originally Posted by rglake View Post
    Hello to all. I just purchased my first BMW - K1200LT - and am looking forward to some riding if the snow ever melts. I've come over from a Gold Wing and have had several other machines (Valkyrie, Bonnevilles, Yamaha DT). Looking forward to participating.
    Hey, rglake

Welcome to the BMW MOA and the forum. I am down the interstate in Lincoln. For local ride partners, there is a BMW club in Omaha called the Flatlanders. Find out about them at www.flatlandersbmwclub.com.

Hope to meet you down the road.

tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    BMW MOA Treasurer, Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S

Hey Bob, glad to have you here. You picked a fine bike for your first Beemer.

How about posting a pic?

Second the idea of checking out the Chartered Club.

Give us a shout if there is anything we can do for you.

Ride Well
    Ride Often
    Ride to Eat
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Welcome aboard Bob!

It's great to have another BMW rider in NE. I live in Lincoln also, and have an '01 R1150GS that's set up for LD riding and a '03 F650 Dakar for general all surface work. When it warms up there is a European Bike night in the Lincoln Haymarket, the first Wednesday of the month. A lot of the Flatlanders ride down. It's a good reason to get some mid-week riding in.
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    '10 F800GS
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936

Welcome Bob. It will be interesting to hear from you as you adjust to the BMW vs the Wing. Get some heated clothing and head out on the road. Don't let that cold weather keep you inside. Have fun and ride safe.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

535IS
    Quote Originally Posted by rglake View Post
    I've come over from a Gold Wing ... Looking forward to participating.
    I dunno, man. That adjustment might be tough. Seems to me this bunch only stops at every fifth Dairy Queen ... [Gotta get all the way to Montreal for lunch, y'know. ]