Thread: I just can't wait!

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar

I just can't wait!

Anybody else like me? Never been to a rally - this will be my first - and for some reason I think about it every single day. I have my vacation time booked from work, accommodations all set, my maps highlighted, arrangement for fresh tires in May, even found a buddy to ride there with; now just sitting here waiting for the snow to melt. Anybody else like me?
    Ken
    [2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blue) - Mine]
    [2007 R1200RT (Sand Biege) - Hers]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Anybody else like me? Never been to a rally - this will be my first - and for some reason I think about it every single day. I have my vacation time booked from work, accommodations all set, my maps highlighted, arrangement for fresh tires in May, even found a buddy to ride there with; now just sitting here waiting for the snow to melt. Anybody else like me?
    Relax, Ken. Hundreds out there like you.

An MOA rally can be a pretty exciting destination (West Bend and Johnson City come to mind for me).

It will be what you make of it, but there is plenty to see and do, so charge on into Redmond and enjoy every minute.

Be sure you save room for purchases - tough to peruse the vendors and not find something you didn't realize you badly needed. Or ship it home UPS.

Probably not on my radar this year, so have fun for me!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Yes, I'm just like you. Getting excited about riding there and the whole deal and it is not my first.

Hope to meet you while we are there.

Ride Well
    Ride Often
    Ride to Eat
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

This will be my second one, the first was Spokane in 2004. Just have to confirm the vacation time, but should not be a problem.

I just ordered a bunch of maps for the Oregon backroads discovery route which I plan to ride parts of on my way down to the rally. I'm hoping to find another rider or riders to join in. I may also do part of the continental divide trail too. All depends upon time and difficulty of the trails.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2009 F800GS
    I can't wait to retire and have a fixed income. The one I have now is always broke.

or others like me...

We have the whole trip to Redmond planed. Reservations and everything. then today I told my wife that its too bad we won't make the RA Rally this year. next thing I know we're thinking about not attending Redmond, and doing the RA instead. if we decide to switch I'll let everyone know, because we have two rooms reserved for Redmond...
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

Hey S.C. guy:

I have friends from SC riding out to Oregon too on their RT. They tow also, behind their RT, riding two up and camping, on and off. I'll get their info if you have interest. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    We have the whole trip to Redmond planed. Reservations and everything. then today I told my wife that its too bad we won't make the RA Rally this year. next thing I know we're thinking about not attending Redmond, and doing the RA instead. if we decide to switch I'll let everyone know, because we have two rooms reserved for Redmond...
    Kenny,

Don't make me come down there and hurt you.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.