Thread: New member in Minnesota

New member in Minnesota

Hello all,
    I just bought a slightly used F800ST and have attended a couple of the recent pretty fun rallies, so thought I'd sign up. Not much riding going on here in Minnesota this time of year, though.

ksport
    Welcome to the club, you made the right decision on the bike, enjoy

Welcome to the Club. Not much riding, but there should be some. As long as the roads are safe. Black ice is nasty. Round here, we also have to deal with lots of cinders. But it won't be too long before you can go ridin'. And I'm sure you will have some fun then.

What part of MN are you located? I'm going to be passing through your state on my way to Alaska in 2012. What two-lane roads do you recommend in your area.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

JAMESDUNN
    Welcome. Nice bike the 800ST! Good to have you!

Welcome - kinda cold to ride in negative temps with ice everywhere - eh!

Glad to have you here. Hope to read some ride reports from you once the weather has cleared. Are you going to the Rally in Redmond? Hope to meet you on the road.

Ride Well
    Ride Often
    Ride to Eat
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    Welcome to the Club. Not much riding, but there should be some. As long as the roads are safe. Black ice is nasty. Round here, we also have to deal with lots of cinders. But it won't be too long before you can go ridin'. And I'm sure you will have some fun then.

What part of MN are you located? I'm going to be passing through your state on my way to Alaska in 2012. What two-lane roads do you recommend in your area.
    Thanks, all. Re two-lane roads, there are plenty of nice ones, just keep away from the Minneapolis/St Paul area (unless of course you are visiting here - it's where I live), where we have freeways and plenty of traffic. SE Minn has some nice hilly terrain, otherwise you need to choose between flat farmland (more southerly) or forest and lakes (more northerly). Any of the state highways are pretty good. Sort of depends on where you're coming from and where you're going from here....

It's Happy Hour somewhere spartanbeemer's Avatar
    Welcome. Looks like some of your wintery weather arrived here this weekend. We actually have snow here today. Anyway, welcome to the group. Ride safe.
    To ride or not to ride; No question about it!
    '85 K100 & '04 R1150RT
    http://spartan-bemr.spaces.live.com/