Thread: Independent mechanic wanted - Cleveland area

Independent mechanic wanted - Cleveland area

Can anyone recommend a great independent mechanic for BMW in the Cleveland, Ohio area, preferably 25 south of Cleveland? There are no dealers close to me, and I'm looking for a mechanic to handle just routine issues. Thanks
    "everyman is the architect of his own character"

Smile Maybe

I don't know of any independent techs around here working on BMW bikes.

I have all my work done at Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia, Ohio. Last I checked, their shop rates were less than $60, and they really know what they're doing. Jamie, shop manager and tech is a BMW Master Tech. In 17 years of doing business with them, they've saved me a lot of money by doing it right the first time. I've never had to take my bike back for anything they've done. I have about 220,000 miles of riding on bikes they did all the work on. Tire changes are a pretty good bargain, too, compared to others, BUT I don't expect them to M&B tires I don't buy from them.

Jim
    Not affiliated; just a very happy customer
    Hinckley, Ohio R1150GS

If your 25 south then how about All Sports in Wooster? Not independent but I have heard good things about them.
    2012 R1200GSA
    2004 R1150RT (For Sale)

All Sport is good and so is Mathias. Independents are difficult because of the need for a BMW computer thingamajig. I have a GS 911 and do 99% of my own work.
    "The Road is life"
    Jack Kerouac