Thread: new to BMW ownership and BMWMOA. From Memphis TN

Caribbean Druid
    Welcome. We ride up there often and have property in NE TN. Enjoy your beautiful riding country!

Welcome to the family.

I would suggesting posting in the regional forum which can be found HERE

Something like "Looking for riding partners" might get some responses of people who live in your neck of the woods.

Look forward to reading some ride reports (with pics) of TN
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

There is a large number of BMW Riders in Memphis and a local club, RAMs is the name. They put on a nice Rally at Pickwick lake every year.

Don

Hey man, Willkommen!
    See you down the road.

Wez

JAMESDUNN
    Quote Originally Posted by peacetoall View Post
    Hello all,

Just bought a 2004 R1100S with 4.5K ABS. It was a move up from a Japanese sport bike and thought to myself that surely there must be others that can appreciate what a BMW motorcycle represents and here I am

I am in the Memphis TN area so if you are from the area do let me know. Would like to get hooked up with the local BMW crowd.

peace

Aamir
    Good to have you! Wow, a real low mileage BMW, kind of rare actually. An R1100S is a sportbike without the hard edges and much easier to use and live with on a day to day basis.

JD

peacetoall
    Quote Originally Posted by donbmw View Post
    There is a large number of BMW Riders in Memphis and a local club, RAMs is the name. They put on a nice Rally at Pickwick lake every year.

Don
    Thanks for the advice.

I did have someone pm me when I posted on the local forum for my region soliciting info. for local riders. It was someone from the RAMs club as you had noted. They have invited me to one of their meets, so we shall see.

and yes, GregFeeler, it is a very pretty bike and I feel lucky to have bought it.

Be safe and enjoy the ride