Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The RA rally Location 2010

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by mXarad View Post
    Nice rides, but the Adirondack rides both
    cross a bridge at Crown Point that NYS DOT
    blew up this year. A detour south or a ferry
    trip will be required.
    mXa
    Exactly!

Trying to plan a good ride that will cross the ferry at Addison Point (free) go through the Adirondacks and return and take the second ferry at Ticonderoga (couple of bucks); two cruises in one day!

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by rdalland View Post
    Any chance they will be posted online as gpx files ahead of time?

Personally, I will have routes planned, and programmed into the GPS, prior to arriving at the rally.
    That is what we are working on!

For some gnarly GS riding GPS files for the roads and gaps of Vermont, click here.

Pre-posted routes

Quote Originally Posted by rdalland View Post
    Any chance they will be posted online as gpx files ahead of time?

Personally, I will have routes planned, and programmed into the GPS, prior to arriving at the rally.
    That's the plan. We're in the process of mapping favorite local rides to incorporate the interesting terrain that abounds here, and creating downloadable .gpx files. Hope to have a dozen or more completed in the near future. Stay tuned. Best, Lyman

Quote Originally Posted by lyman50 View Post
    That's the plan. We're in the process of mapping favorite local rides to incorporate the interesting terrain that abounds here, and creating down-loadable .gpx files. Hope to have a dozen or more completed in the near future. Stay tuned. Best, Lyman
    Lyman originally traveled the roads of Vermont with Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys. He knows every twist, turn, hoot and hollow in the state. Lyman knows roads that Madd Maps and Moto-Maps haven't heard about yet.

Stay tuned.

I have a question about this Rally. Is this open to everyone or only RA members? Also, is it necessary to contact someone to reserve a campsite? Is there a charge for attending this? I've been to the website but didn't find any answers, and would like to attend. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
    '04 K1200GT

Quote Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
    I have a question about this Rally. Is this open to everyone or only RA members? Also, is it necessary to contact someone to reserve a campsite? Is there a charge for attending this? I've been to the website but didn't find any answers, and would like to attend. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
    '04 K1200GT
    1. Everyone/anyone
    2. No - first come/first serve
    3. Yes - dunno how much, but usually around $30
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Fantastic! I'll see you there! By the way love Spring Lake. We head down there once a year and stay at the spring lake inn. Nice people.

Thanks for the info and see you in VT!

Bob
    '04 K1200GT

Quote Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post

Thanks,

Bob
    '04 K1200GT

An old shot, but you can get the idea.

Open to everyone.

Reserve a campsite? There is so much room available that you could build an 18 hole golf course at the site and still have room left over.

Info? Click here.

It would be wonderful to get to both rallies but if time is limited and you live in the East, Pownal is the perfect location.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 03-04-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    what we need is a real campfire. Not a bonfire but a magnificant large campfire..... something like but larger than the one we build in Meat Cove during the Salty Fog Riders Rally (plug... plug). Who knows what this concept might evolve into. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

I heard that coming early and doin' a lil' fishin' was possible. Is this so? Does it cost us more to come early.... like the 29th? We might be the only ones there but we are willing to assist with setup. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    I heard that coming early and doin' a lil' fishin' was possible. Is this so? Does it cost us more to come early.... like the 29th? We might be the only ones there but we are willing to assist with setup. - Bob
    No charge for coming early. Will have a spot reserved for you as soon as the snow melts.

Great many hands make for light work!
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 03-05-2010 at 12:27 AM.

I heard that coming early and doin' a lil' fishin' was possible.
    Even better: a three-day out-of-state VT license isn't that unreasonable.
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 03-05-2010 at 02:31 AM.

[QUOTE=ekroth;557192]
    I heard that coming early and doin' a lil' fishin' was possible./QUOTE]

Even better: a three-day out-of-state VT license isn't that unreasonable.
    oh this just keeps gettin' better!! I'm bringing a frying pan and a little propane stove just for a taste of those Vermont critters! Well, ok, I fish just about as good as I play hockey...... but maybe I'll get lucky. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com

[QUOTE=tourunigo;557217]
    Quote Originally Posted by ekroth View Post

oh this just keeps gettin' better!! I'm bringing a frying pan and a little propane stove just for a taste of those Vermont critters! Well, ok, I fish just about as good as I play hockey...... but maybe I'll get lucky. - Bob
    Bring a trotline and some garden hackle. The purists will blanch at such apostasy but ...

I will that bonfire idea. Will check it out with the ground officials.

[QUOTE=PAULBACH;557254]
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post

Bring a trotline and some garden hackle. The purists will blanch at such apostasy but ...

I will that bonfire idea. Will check it out with the ground officials.
    aside from some spelling errors, I get yer drift. I will be there with a Canadian Tire Junior Adventurer collapsible rod and reel.... dig my worms riverside and grin. Purists be damned! I have my Scotch and Cigar........ grinnin' - Bob
    Last edited by tourunigo; 03-05-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: .... because I collapsed incorrectly....
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com