Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The RA rally Location 2010

Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    It will truly be possible to pitch your tent, sit in a chair with your favorite brew and fish the Hoosic River.

Once the same river flows into New York it becomes the Hoosick River. No idea why the k is added.
    Paul, one does not sit in a chair and flyfish
    But I do know what you mean!

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    It will truly be possible to pitch your tent, sit in a chair with your favorite brew and fish the Hoosic River.
    Sounds good to me because

• no fish to catch
    • no fish to clean
    • concentrate on libations
    • take a nap

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains

First arrivals in Pownal

The early campers have already arrived in Pownal, Vermont. So folks will do anything to claim those choice spots along the Hoosick River.

RA news flash!!!!

Its offical...We're going to the RA Rally. We made our Reservations this morning. We had planed on going to Redmond...but...my wife has never been to New England. she is a big fan of Ben & Jerrys and has a VT Teddy Bear. Also the total cost will be 1/3 of the cost to go to Redmond. Sooo see ya'all in Pownal. special thanks to Paulbach for your help...Kenny...
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

Sometimes the air gets cold - 1 or 2 degrees. Then the bikes can be hard to start.

What trick is this cleaver Vermonter using to get this motorcycle operating?
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 02-03-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    Its offical...We're going to the RA Rally. We made our Reservations this morning. We had planed on going to Redmond...but...my wife has never been to New England. she is a big fan of Ben & Jerrys and has a VT Teddy Bear. Also the total cost will be 1/3 of the cost to go to Redmond. Sooo see ya'all in Pownal. special thanks to Paulbach for your help...Kenny...
    Looking forward to greeting you in person.

Paul

Sometimes the air gets cold - 1 or 2 degrees. Then the bikes can be hard to start.

What trick is this cleaver Vermonter using to get this motorcycle operating?
    This one is simple. No one should get "exhausted" figuring it out!

This one is simple. No one should get "exhausted" figuring it out!
    I originally thought it was a rhetorical question.

Then your hint made it pretty obvious. Truck exhaust pointed at bike engine.

I like the tire warmers too.
    Camping guy

Right on! Park the hard starting bike next to the truck's exhaust.

I would give Ted a big cigar but nothing can beat the ones in his secret stash. If you are staying with Ted, a smart move at any rally, he might part with one.

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Right on! Park the hard starting bike next to the truck's exhaust.

I would give Ted a big cigar but nothing can beat the ones in his secret stash. If you are staying with Ted, a smart move at any rally, he might part with one.
    ho ho! maybe a Bunk-for-Gars can be arranged eh? Let me see..... I got a VS... a couple of torpedos..... a primo real Cuban Cohiba..... all these things go for about $30-$50 up here so...... deal or no deal Ok, jus' goofin' around. We're bringing our two room LL Bean tent but sharing a couple of fine cigars over in the Sherpa Compound sounds right nice. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Actually, those are not tire warmers. The tires are studded and the wraps protect things from contacting the studs.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Those studs could scratch up some regular surfaces.

sounds like a reason for a seminar...

For Neophytes like myself who have always wanted to learn...

sdc

Quote Originally Posted by lyman50 View Post

The Hoosick River borders the RA Rally site and has a nice population of trout. Why not pack a little fly rod and try your luck? There's usually an evening 'rise' and a hatch of Pale Evening Duns. A small 'Blue/Green', 'White Miller', hopper imitation, black ant or parachute caddis on 6X tippet would be good bets.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Sdpc2,

Great suggestion!
    Orvis always has a workshop running in Manchester and there are monster trout in their fly-casting pool.

Paul

Can't Grow It?? Mow it!! bullit7801's Avatar
    Lincoln, NE; Flat, Boring & Windy Great Plains
    Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    So.... You're using the BMW MOA forum to tell everyone that you are NOT going to the BMW MOA International Rally, but instead are attending the BMW RA Rally. Oh..... the nerve of some folks.

Bad enough we are hosting a thread promoting a "competitive" event.

Personally, I plan to attend Redmond, Paoina, and Pownal. Gee, I have to ride somewhere.

tb
    Tom "Bullit" Buttars
    Ambassador
    1978 R100RS, 2006 F650GS, 2007 F800S