Thread: Questions about Autocom Models

Questions about Autocom Models

Which is the newer product? Autocom PRO M1 or Autocom PRO 7 SPORT?

Are there any real differences between the two?

Thanks in advance for any information.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Went to their US website - those models were not listed

Here is the link http://www.topgearaccess.com/autocom/comparisons.php

Have a Super Pro AVI unit and am pleased with its performance - very plug and play.
    Last edited by Semper_Fi; 01-16-2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Added equipment details
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

3. 01-16-2010, 04:26 AM

BUT WHEN might they be here - And did StarCom take them over?
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

I don't know how to check the validity of the report, but someone on the F800 board reported that Autocom is in liquidation. I hope not as I use and like their system and have been thinking of upgrading. Does anyone in the UK know anything about this report?
    [Edit] Here's the post, from someone living in the UK: Do you already have the Autocom? If not you might not be aware that Autocom have just gone into liquidation, so don't buy any new Autocom parts at full price; there will be no factory support.
    Last edited by dancogan; 01-16-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Dan

Both autocomm models you list are older models. The Pro M1 is the older of the two. I actually have one that has never been used. Autocomm, England sent it to me when I was having trouble with the Canadian supplier. They also repaired my original unit at no charge. I thought they were a very stand up supplier so I hope they are still in business!

Autocom

I just went to a presentation at Nick's BMW put on by the Autocom distributor. Nick's is an autocom dealer and I am looking at a new unit now as I am having problems with my 10 year old unit. www.nicksbmw.com
    Tom Running, 51141 Greenville, WI
    "Love is when you like something as much as your motorcylce." Sonny Barger in Hells Angels
    by Hunter S. Thompson 1966

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    I look forward to the results of this discussion. We are in the market for a reliable, volumn adjustable, comfortable and wind resistent unit for communications..... and hearing the gps. Cordless would be nice but I can just get better at routing the stuff better. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

Quote Originally Posted by TomRunning View Post
    I just went to a presentation at Nick's BMW put on by the Autocom distributor. Nick's is an autocom dealer and I am looking at a new unit now as I am having problems with my 10 year old unit. www.nicksbmw.com
    Interesting developments with Autocom as This Thread at BMW Sport Touring documents.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

For all things AutoCom you want to talk to Keith @ Tulsa Truck Center (918) 446-2245. I just upgraded today from my trusty Pro M1 to a newer Super Pro Avi
    1994 K75/2

Owner/Designer, LampOneDesigns.com

Autocom

Autocom is now distributed by McGuire Distribution Enterprises and McGuire is run by Bryan McGuire (who used to be THE technical guy for TopGear). Autocom is now part of the Tecstar Electronics group that makes Starcom (http://www.autocom.co.uk/) McGuire will be showing and selling Autocom products at the upcoming rally. I'm the representative for them in Arizona and I will also be there. If you have questions on product, you can reach McGuire at 1-866-951-5550. Topgear is no longer the distributor for Autocom in the US. They may have old product still in stock, but they aren't receiving any current product.

RIDEOREGON
    I have an Autocom that's a few years old and works well. I like it. But if I were buying something TODAY, I wouldn pass on the Autocom. After recently communicatiing with both a new domestic rep and the folks back in the UK, I was less than impressed with their support. The US guy flat out admitted to me that he didn't really know squat about anything but their newest models. And I was wanting to BUY something from him for my 2 year old unit. I don't quite understand that business model.

Registered User bluegrasspicker's Avatar
    I notice you are from southern Ill. Gina's BMW in Iowa City now lists themselves as an autocomm dealer. You might want to give them a call.