Thread: New member in Montreal Qc

New member in Montreal Qc

Hello all...

Just to say I've been biking for many years with a renewed vigour after most family responsibilities have abated... currently have an 1200RT as well as an older R80/7 and a 76 CB400F.

Love touring through the New England States.

See you.

Marcopolo5236 (aka Marc)

Welcome to the forum Marc
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Welcome Marc - dont forget to check the Hexhead/Camhead section for information specific to the RT, and also the Reginal Forums for activities near you.
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Welcome

Welcome to the forum. Good to have another rider in the area. Think spring.

Hi Marc and welcome to the club and the forums. Good to have you aboard....and yes...think spring!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Welcome Marc. Always glad to have another member from Canada. n

Nice collection of bikes the garage. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Ride Well
    Ride Often
    Ride to Eat
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Bienvenu, eh!
    Volunteer for the 2014 Rally in St. Paul. rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org

Thanks for the "bienvenue" guys... it would be nice to meet up for a ride with some of you closer to this end of the country, ein?

Once we get more room available, I would like to work on getting the old CB400F back on the road... has not been ridden in over 20 years! Guess it can wait for another couple of years at that!

Otherwise, thinking of taking some trips either around Lake Superior or down to the infamous Carolinas this summer...

Only some 2 and a half to 3 month left!

So Mark...

are your new friends going to present a challenge this summer for your 'rally' time? ...
    Hard call, the 'Un-Rally' or Redmond...maybe you can do both while your out there, better take along a spare FD

Jim

Jim et co

Now there's an idea! Outside of a couple of "overnighters" to Americade, I've not been to a BMW rally... Oregon you say... hmm. Planning on this yourself(ves)?

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo5236 View Post
    Hello all...

Just to say I've been biking for many years with a renewed vigour after most family responsibilities have abated... currently have an 1200RT as well as an older R80/7 and a 76 CB400F.

Love touring through the New England States.

See you.

Marcopolo5236 (aka Marc)
    Good to have you Marc. Are you an explorer like Mr. Polo? You certainly have the right bike (s) to go exploring!
    JD
    1994 R1100RSL, '78 R100RS

"Ride hard or stay home."

Thanks, James

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdunn View Post
    Good to have you Marc. Are you an explorer like Mr. Polo? You certainly have the right bike (s) to go exploring!
    JD
    Would love to do more exploring ... average mileage per year with the RT has been about 7 to 8K miles and that was based mostly on one days trips along with a couple week-enders.

This year, went to the extreme end of Manitoulin Island with my wife. Beautiful trip, quiet roads... lots of deer, though... would recommend it.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo5236 View Post
    Once we get more room available, I would like to work on getting the old CB400F back on the road... has not been ridden in over 20 years! Guess it can wait for another couple of years at that!
    Marc,

You might want to consider coming to the CVMG rally in June (18th - 20th.) Lots of vintage bikes and vintage bike expertise, plus a huge flea market. Info and pics here.

Good luck on the restoration. Hope to see the finished product.

Holly
    Volunteer for the 2014 Rally in St. Paul. rallyvolunteer@bmwmoa.org

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Marc,

You might want to consider coming to the CVMG rally in June (18th - 20th.) Lots of vintage bikes and vintage bike expertise, plus a huge flea market. Info and pics here.

Good luck on the restoration. Hope to see the finished product.

Holly
    Good idea Holly but you don't have to go to Paris to enjoy the company of vintage bikes Mark, ( and some vintage riders ), my neighbour Costa Zarifi is the CVMG secretary and often drags me along to the monthly meeting when he isn't hosting at his rural digs. I know the Ottawa group drives down our way frequently during the summer ride months and you would be welcome.
    I'll give you a shout the next time there is a meeting. You already know the way to my place...
    As far as Oregon goes, as usual not being retired means works always tries to impinge on my travel plans so as much as I would like to make my plans 'in stone' its more like porridge at this time.
    But I would love to go, haven't been on the Oregon coast on the bike since 2000, geezzzz, thats 10 years ago already!!! Time to go again!

Jim