Thread: MC Camping/Lodge/Cabins in OH, IN, and KY

MC Camping/Lodge/Cabins in OH, IN, and KY

The Greater Cincinnati BMW Club is looking for a motorcycle lodge and/or cabins with campgound within a 250 mile radius of Cinci for a fall adventure, preferably with good food and great riding. Something like Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in NC or Two Wheels Only in GA except we're thinking SE Ohio, S Indiana, or Kentucky. Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
    Joe DeLuca
    SW Ohio USA

ABC,AMA(LIFE),MOA,RA,IBMW MANICMECHANIC's Avatar
    Check out the Louisville South KOA. It's about 20 miles south of town, and can be a base for some interesting riding.
    F.O.G.Rider, Rounder #6,
    Ambassador, Biergarten co-chair
    BMWRA Wisconsin Region Rep, camping chair

Lots of nice campgrounds and lodges in that radius but as someone that has lived in southern Indiana area most of my life I can't think of a single motorcycle campground. There is one I believe in eastern Kentucky but I'm not sure where. The Kentucky State Park system has some great facilities in some great riding areas. Clifty Falls State Park near Madison Indiana has a nice lodge and has some nice riding nearby in Switzerland County and the surrounding KY/IN area.

Appox 300mi South, The Cherohala M/C Resort at Tellico Plains.
    Good riding and food all around

Harmonie State Park in New Harmony, IN has family cabins and a campground. Although not motorcycle specific, you shouldn't have trouble. Beautiful area and wonderful little town. It's located in the far south west corner of IN.
    FORZA ITALIA
    2007 K1200GT

-"Are your giblets warm?" J.D., Scrubs.

Thanks to all, keep the suggestions coming, we're compiling a nice list of possibilities....
    Joe DeLuca
    SW Ohio USA

Send for a KOA book. Not specifically for motorcycles but generally good places to camp and they have cabins with bunks but you have to supply sheets and blankets etc but if you are camping then use your sleeping bag, anyway that is what I do if I don't feel like pitching a tent. Always good prices too.
    Mo Shaffer
    Maggie valley NC,
    St. George, BM