Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rite of Spring Ride

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Luis, do you mind if I suggest this ride at my next club meeting? I do not know how many would be interested by maybe a few.
    Not a problem - from the smallest seed,,,,,,
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhway View Post
    i have no idea how to make GPS way points but I will write out the specific course and post it here for everyone plus have it printed up the day of the ride. I am still fiddling a bit with the Cornwall bridge back to rte 20 part.

the Fabulous Mrs Me will be unable to attend since she has decided we should raise fiber animals and will be at a Sheep and fiber animals seminar/show. I cannot express the depths of my joy over this new endeavor.... just kidding, it should be fun .

If folks want to avoid meeting off rte 91 at Crackerbarrel, we could simply meet at the mcDonalds on rte 20 in Granby. Quick bite and get moving quick.
    Steve - thanks for posting the waypoints - they are eas to enter just put the information in Save as something to do it again.

Never herd of fiber animals - something new.

Regarding the morning meetign place which ever has the biggest parking lot and ease of access i guess.

Luis
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Cool Yesterday, I washed the GS

Thursday, I got a bunch of diddly squawks fixed on the GS, including some slight damage to the left turn signal switch and air in the clutch circuit as a result of the bike unexpectedly leaning against my friend JJ's LT on the way home from Jacksonville in a trailer. It also has two new Tourance tires and a new tire pressure monitor, plus new oil, new brake fluid, and the HID high and low beam lamps installed. In doing this, I single handedly reduced the unemployment here in the rust belt by one man day.

Then I washed it, but not like you think. When I left my dealer at six, it was raining pretty hard, and about 50F. It's a 74 mile run home. Twenty miles from home it started to sleet, and my electric jacket ran out of gas, so to speak. So did the electric grips. Ten miles from home, it started to snow. Pulling in the Shaw Towers driveway, there was a half inch of ice on the bike's windshield and snow was sticking to the lawn. Then, it was my turn to run out of gas trying to get my frozen legs over the seat and onto the garage floor. Riding 74 miles in rain and snow, on two slick brand new tires in freezing conditions, pretty much had my tailpipe frozen in a pucker, too.

That was Thursday. I've now stopped shivering enough to type this. I glanced at the thermometer upon arriving; it said 31F. Next morning it was 28, and there were about two inches of slushy April showers on the deck.

I had dressed for a 40-50F ride. That bitch Mother Nature, and that fornicating weather man who predicted a low of 40 Thursday night, ought to get married. I'll make them a wedding cake.

Where's my Prozac?

Jim Shaw . . . ...o&\o... . . .
    Hinckley, Ohio USA R1150GS Moto Noir
    Breaking the rules...

Quote Originally Posted by 119240 View Post
    I'm / we're in. Weather permitting with my kid. I just don't want to wait in line for hours to eat at Gould's - with YB.
    I think the first rest stop is like Framingham
    Give me a time & place were there !

Joe - looking more at Westborough exit as this is the intersection with 495, Philip would be coming down that way.

Once i figure out the time will let you know.

Luis
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

'91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Fi View Post
    Joe - looking more at Westborough exit as this is the intersection with 495, Philip would be coming down that way.

Once i figure out the time will let you know.

Luis

Luis,

I'll be heading north up 128, could meet you at some point like the RT 30 exit off 128 then get on the pike to slab it westward. I think RT 2 would be a much nicer ride though it would take a lot longer to get to western MA, if you just want to get there, then the pike is really the only option.

Took the RT out for a 150 mile shakedown ride two Sundays ago after awakening it from hibernation, I'm ready to go!

If you come up with a finalized set of waypoints, post them and I'll plug them into my Garmin. Still have your cell # in my phone, just have to make sure the voice dial still works with my J&M bluetooth (had to replace the phone a few weeks back)

Ken

P.S. the staties are really stepping up revenue generation using Lidar on the pike and other major Mass highways lately if you hadn't noticed, it may be wise to keep the velocity down on that road, DAMHIK...
    Ken D
    2007 R1200 RT
    2001 Kawi Concours
    1975 Norton 850, 1971 Norton 750, 1957 Norton ES2

Hey Ken - welcome back

Will get back to you on the pike versus Rt2

Steve (Oldhway) has put the ride togther from Windsor Lock on - lots of work - thanks Steve and will be posted later

We'll be posting meeting times and other information shortly.

Luis
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

'91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Whichever way we go is ok with me, just give me a time and place and I will be there. I hate riding the big roads as much as the next guy, would be nice to find another way out west. Not sure RT 2 is the answer, it is a great road out west but seems a bit out of the way for an early appointment. No big deal for me to meet down by 128 if need be. Does any one know of any cool roads that run parallel to mass pike on the south side? I see some roads on the map that might work once you get pass 495; maybe some recon or a LRRP will be required. (Luis I will explain what the terms; recon and LRRP mean later. LOL).

OK - just found out I need to go on a business trip the week of the 19th and wont be back in time for the trip.

I propose - yes I am sorry to say this - propose to make it the 17th

I am so sorry for this - if it is too late to change - everyone goes and I just miss it - not a problem.

As you can tell I have a fluid travel schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by sailer View Post
    Whichever way we go is ok with me, just give me a time and place and I will be there. I hate riding the big roads as much as the next guy, would be nice to find another way out west. Not sure RT 2 is the answer, it is a great road out west but seems a bit out of the way for an early appointment. No big deal for me to meet down by 128 if need be.
    Philip - look into which roads would best get us there (Windsor) locks with out over traveeling and getting us to there between 930 to 10A; if there is something we can do let's do it, if not we just slab it down
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

NFG for us - we're out - Sorry all
    Luis - we still need to do my horn upgrade at some time.
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Quote Originally Posted by 119240 View Post
    NFG for us - we're out - Sorry all
    Luis - we still need to do my horn upgrade at some time.

Sorry to hear that.

Regarding the horn what about this Saturday?
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Let me check with Shan. Gotta time in mind ?
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Ok final date change:go to this link http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42191
    for continued discussion.
    Steve Marquardt, 2004 R1150RT