Thread: Twisted Throttle Website has errors Be Careful

MotorRunning

Twisted Throttle Website has errors Be Careful

I wanted to give a heads up on my recent experience with Twisted Throttle. On 12/22/2009, after shopping around, I called Twisted Throttle to order a PIAA light bracket kit, including wiring harness for my RT. Their website had the 2 brackets, hardware, and wiring harness for $87.95 which I thought was a good deal. I spoke with a Brian who confirmed the contents of the kit and price. We were both looking at the item on the website while I placed the order. On 1/5/2010 I called to check on the status and spoke with Matt, who advised me that the brackets would be drop shipped to me. When I inquired about the wiring harness, he told me that it wasn't included. I asked him to get on the website and I did the same as well. He acknowledged that I was correct but that it was a mistake on their website. Although I had confirmed everything with Brian prior to placing the order there was nothing they could do. He said he would try to "comp" me the harness but would need to get approval. Today (1/7/2010) Matt told me Twisted Throttle would not be able to honor their order as placed with Brian. Not only that, but since it was being drop shipped to me from PIAA, I would have to wait until I received it, call them for a return label, ship it back to them, and once they received it they would credit my card. He went on to say that they had corrected their website to remove the wiring harness ( I cancelled my order on pure principle - besides I can get them cheaper elsewhere!). He also mentioned that they are in the process of updating their website and some errors like this could occur.
    I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are purchasing from them, be sure that you get what you're paying for. Although even after validating with their personnel, if there is an error - it sounds like they won't honor your order anyway.

Moved to Gear for more visibility
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

MotorRunning
    Just wanted to update the status. I just now received an e-mail from Twisted Throttle advising me that they have refunded my full amount and credited my card. Nothing in the e-mail explaining why the change in the decision, but I'll take it.

Dale Rudolph

Exclamation words of wisdom

One thing that I have learned the very hard way about ordering an item on the
    internet..... do not place your order until you call the company and have them
    verbally confirm that they actually that item in stock. Right now I have 3 helmets
    that have been canceled and the charges on the credit card changed to credit.
    Things get sold and it never gets changed on the internet list of items for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by DRUDOLPH148006 View Post
    One thing that I have learned the very hard way about ordering an item on the
    internet..... do not place your order until you call the company and have them
    verbally confirm that they actually that item in stock. Right now I have 3 helmets
    that have been canceled and the charges on the credit card changed to credit.
    Things get sold and it never gets changed on the internet list of items for sale.
    That is absolutely correct. I just went through that goat rope with some defect tires. Amazingly, if you take the time to trek to your nearest dealer, whether it be BMW or Honda or whatever, you will find that they have acces to amost anything that we have assess to.

And with a little discussion, they might be willing to compete with the online stores, or get close. Bottom line is that you usually do not pay shipping, you get it faster, and if there is a problem you can just bring it back to them. Of course this is not always the best avenue, but I will bet with a little effort and friendly discussion it could build a good relationship that would benefit in the long run.

Trust me, I learned the hard way!
    Jim Mock
    2008 R1200RT (The Blue Mule), R90/6 (New to me)
    MSF RiderCoach
    "Spring loaded to the riding position!"

Quote Originally Posted by MotorRunning View Post
    Just wanted to update the status. I just now received an e-mail from Twisted Throttle advising me that they have refunded my full amount and credited my card. Nothing in the e-mail explaining why the change in the decision, but I'll take it.
    So, to sum up;
    1) You ordered something
    2) Didn't like it
    3) Returned it
    4) Company refunded your money

Those bastards!

Good experience with TT

I ordered a $400 accessory from Twisted Throttle, and later decided it wasn't a good idea.
    I was not looking forward to long distance hassles about the return, but they were very helpful and credited my card promptly.
    All that put them on my list of prefered vendors.
    JerryAttrick
    2013 K1600GTL, "Siegfried"
    But Mom, I've never found "well enough".

MotorRunning
    Quote Originally Posted by mreimler View Post
    So, to sum up;
    1) You ordered something
    2) Didn't like it
    3) Returned it
    4) Company refunded your money

Those bastards!
    Not Quite, you missed a couple of major points:
    1). I looked at brackets that the website stated included a wire harness.
    2). I called and confirmed with one of their salespersons that the wire harness was indeed included.
    3). I ordered them.
    3).I called to check on status and was told the website - and their salesperson was wrong, even after the second salesperson also confirmed that the website did indeed show the wire harness was included. Instead I was told that I would only receive the brackets.
    4). I asked for a refund, they said it looked like the product had shipped and I would have to return i. Once they received it back, then I would get my refund.
    5). I later received an e-mail saying that they had refunded my money, no explanation, so I speculated that they were mistaken and had actually never shipped it but I don't know exactly why the change of heart.
    Recapping:
    1). I never received the product.
    2). It had nothing to do with whether I liked the product or not, it was the fact that they would not stand behind what their website advertised nor would they stand behind what their salesperson had told me and confirmed about what was included., PRIOR to my ordering.
    Sorry about your misunderstanding!

Mistakes happen...

Some vendors have a very good internet ordering system, and others aren't as good. This does sound like an honest mistake.

And to your credit, you didn't really bash Twisted Throttle, you simply warned others to be careful about what you see on their web site. Given your experience, this is a fair and just warning.

You got your money back, so it sounds like the whole deal ended amicably, except you still don't have what you wanted in the first place.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Rock throwing distance from Home Despot HQ

my experience with TW

Great. While I have never ordered anything from them for my R12RT, I have for the SV1000S. Absolutely no problems.

In fact, I made a mistake on one order and requested an item that I did not need - note to self: move slower and actually read the info next time! - I called and explained, a return was authorized and my card was credited. And I did ship the unneeded item back at my expense.

Have noted much satisfaction with TW at other forums.

Just my experience. Yours may differ.