Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Get Away in Hermann Missouri

From MARS
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    Did I read it right that it's $65 to attend?
    It must not be for us "wino's" but them there wine "aficionados".

Tom

advrider.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRonny View Post
    Yep, you read it right
    Wow. Well, if anyone wants to go a different time (and for just the cost of gas), let me know.

tourist
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    Wow. Well, if anyone wants to go a different time (and for just the cost of gas), let me know.

Are you organizing a scavenger hunt, will your get away include door prizes?
    While it is free to go to Hermann, I'm sure there has to be some advantage in paying the 65 dollars. Who can explain?

It's also an extra $20 if you want to arrive one day early and spend the night camping Thursday before the rally.

Shoot, ours in Crane MO is only $20 for the weekend, & that includes 2 GOOD meals!

IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Be careful in Hermann. Most of the folks who go there are winos. I did buy a fuel filter there one Sunday afternoon when the one in my bike clogged right after I fueled the bike. I think it was wine in the gas but never knew for sure.
    I resent that wino crack...a shoot,spilled the wine on computer again

I do not have a bike yet(still lookin),but I plan to drive over and camp out for the night.Promised the boys I would take them camping and the wife loves going to the wineries.Cannot wait to hang out around the Beemers and get the wife interested in touring.Any lady bikers showing up I could use your help getting her interested.

Alas, this does not seem to be designed for the old guys camping in the mud.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Are you organizing a scavenger hunt, will your get away include door prizes?
    While it is free to go to Hermann, I'm sure there has to be some advantage in paying the 65 dollars. Who can explain?
    You get the "opportunity to ride with members of the BMWMOA staff".
    "You must be fast, 'cause I was hauling *** when I passed you!"

Ran when parked!
    I have been there many time this place has the best food!! http://www.stonehillwinery.com/locat...n/default.aspx

LONERANGER
    May 7th - 9th is a little early in the year for me to travel that far on a motorcycle at my age. Maybe if they had it at the end of May I would have attended. Early May is too unpredictable weather wise for me to make a decision now.

Quote Originally Posted by dzimbric View Post
    Why did it get scheduled for Mothers Day weekend? Or is my outlook calendar hosed up?
    Sounds like a perfect place to celebrate Mother's Day to me. My bride would probably agree.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Quote Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
    May 7th - 9th is a little early in the year for me to travel that far on a motorcycle at my age. Maybe if they had it at the end of May I would have attended. Early May is too unpredictable weather wise for me to make a decision now.
    I believe Hermann has OctoberFest the third week of that month.I am told U do not want to be anywhere near there at that time.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

Smile Herriman

Well my bride and I will be there to celebrate Mother's Day probably entrentched at the Local Camp Park, but there will be no MUD, Paul! See everyone there or as they say: "Be there or be Square"!!

Dick Hautau

Hermann

Wife and I were just there visiting the wineries,nice little place but I hope the grass starts growin soon at the park or it will be The Big Muddy even with a small amount of rain.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

murfs79

hermann getaway

no your not imagining May 7th and 8th Its on the bmw moa side see

http://www.bmwmoa.org/club/bmw_moa_c...ekend_getaways

its in there im already registered and ordered the Bed and breakfast the night of the 7th and 8th no good hotels in the area but lots of B+B's but cost is higher but my wife should enjoy. Should be great.