Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Weekend Get Away in Hermann Missouri

Hermann Weekend Getaway

We can't wait to see our registered attendees this weekend in Hermann!

You are all encouraged to visit Time for Pie located at 4th and Schiller streets when you get to town. You can order up a slice of heaven a la mode and visit with the friendly shop owner. Many of the local businesses know that we're coming to town and are excited to showcase their fares to us.

We've got some great rides planned, and will have the MSF Smart Trainer on site for our attendees to use. You'll get to meet BMW MOA Board members, the Executive Director and Media Editor, and enjoy some delicious German food on Saturday night.

Ride safely, and we'll see you in Hermann!

RHAUTAU

Hermann

Dick Hautau, Ambasador Liaison will be there to enjoy the event and local food selections. Hope to see many of you MOA members.
    Dick

I will be there Fri. afternoon with a possible new member,but I will not be signing up 4 the activities.I will camp on Fri and stay at a B&B with wife when she shows up Sat. night...Hey its MOTHERS DAY,at least she is letting me go.
    But I still hope to see a lot of members there.
    We drove all this way for a DEAD END ! My son!!!

02 Silver RT1150 My 1st BMW Bike
    Craig

The Hermann Weekend Getaway is an event limited to 100 registered guests with an associated fee. Just like the National rally or any chartered club rally if a person attends they are expected to pay the gate or event fee. Participants also need to be registered for insurance liability purposes.

If anyone plans to attend and is not already registered call the Hqtrs Office at 1-636-394-7277 to see if there are openings. I hope this clarifies the attendence policy for the Weekend Getaways.

Chuck Manley
    Director, BMWMOA
    Last edited by chasman; 05-05-2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

The wife and I planned this long ago.I will not be riding with any groups from BMW MOA.Met up with someone a while back and had this set up.We were going to be there on our own.
    Sorry for any miss understandings.

Craig

advrider.com
    I'll probably be riding though Hermann on my R75 at like 4pm on Saturday..

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
    I'll probably be riding though Hermann on my R75 at like 4pm on Saturday..
    Wife does not show up until 7pm on the train (she will ride back with me),maybe we'll see each other at the camp site before then.I'll have the green tent...maybe green was a bad idea 4 a color!

Craig

advrider.com
    While I did not attend this event, I was going north on 19 on my R75 when a bunch of y'all were turning south (from 94).

Thumbs up Hermann Weekend Getaway

To all:

It was a wonderful well planned weekend enjoyed by those in attendance. The roads in the area were great and so is the wine from many of the local Wineries, the Chocolate House candy off the hook, excellent German style Saturday night dinner, nice scavenger hunt with prizes to the winner and runner up, Door prizes galore including a new BMW GPS Nav 5 (can you believe), training on the Simulator Trainer with critic from Roger Wiles and several other experts and above all GREAT WEATHER...be it a tad cool sleeping under the stars my wife informed me.

Those in attendance hope to return again next year, and if you did not make it this year, start planning for next year!

Great Job in planning by our BMWMOA St Louis staff and special thanks to Mandy Langston

Dick Hautau
    Ambassador Liaison

It was a little cool at night,but what a great time during the daylight hours.I am glad to here there will be another next year.This time I sign up even if the wife stays at a B&B again..And hay at least with the wind at night I did'nt need to bring my sound machine.

Craig

The concept behind the Weekend Getaway events is to move them around. We are hoping to have four events in 2011 in different areas of the country. Although we may go back to Hermann in the future, it most likely won't be next year. There are many great places to hold the Weekend Getaways and we will do our best to offer you some great choices.

Chuck Manley
    Director, BMW MOA
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)