Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dreaming of summer

Wow! Thank you Darryl! It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words!
    So Voni, I know I'm a little old, but would you care to adopt me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Leaving tomorrow for New Zeland and Hawaii on the way home. Should be summer very soon for us!

Voni
    sMiling
    Have a wonderful time. Hope you can rent some bikes for a day or two. Enjoy. I know you'll be thinking of us.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Leaving tomorrow for New Zeland and Hawaii on the way home. Should be summer very soon for us!

Voni
    sMiling
    Have a great trip! I want to go back to NZ, I had a great time riding around there.

Quote Originally Posted by malaszka View Post
    Wow! Thank you Darryl! It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words!
    We 'discovered' CO-145 a couple years ago at the TOR rally and had a really, really, really! good time on it.

Then we came out to the junction with US-50 and there was a CO Highway Patrol car in line directly in front of us. If he had seen us at any other time in the previous hour...
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

staciebug2923
    I live in Spokane Washington, and I am unable to ride for most of winter. I stare at our motorcycles often, wishing it were warm enough to ride. We just bought a 2007 F800ST, I hauled it home in the snow, and park in without even a test ride. Winter is a good time to plan for the trips to come. I am already mapping out routed to rallies I would like to go to and thinking of any gear I may need to get. I know the first warm day we get, I will be out riding and enjoying it that much more since I appreciate the time I get in the warmer months! Hang in there ladies! We will be on the road in no time!!!

It must be nice living so near to BC! Great riding.
    Thinking of gear too! My b'friend gave me great boots for Christmas! What a romantic! Knows right where my heart is! And I just got an Olympia AST jacket. Some heavy spring rains to wash the gravel off and I'll be ready! I got a new (to me) bike late fall. I guess I need to take some pics and post them! More later!

Cheers

More day light!

OK, looks like people are in their mid-winter doldrums! Is there a pulse out there?

My boyfriend is doing maintance and I am making reservations for our rooms along the road this summer. At least planning and dreaming is better than inactivity!

We had our first snow the first weekend of December, early for us. Three consecutive weeknds of snow or icy precipitation. One snowfall was 2 feet+. Figured it was time to give up for a few weeks, and I took the shocks off the bike for a rebuild. A few other minor projects are on the list: install the new PIAAs from Santa, clean/wax the bike (a first!), replace the headlight bulb with HID, and install the laminar lip I got in October.

I hope to wrap those all up in the next week-10 days, then wait for the roads to be clear for a ride. Though we got another 5 inches of snow yesterday.

Waiting...
    Maria 2009 F650GS
    www.bmwbmw.org

Yeah, a lot of waiting! And wishing it was warm and I was ten pounds lighter! At least it's February and it's a short month.

Here's a shot from June 2009 up on Ophir Pass between Ouray and Telluride. I was on my Yamaha XT250, but a couple of the guys were on GS's

That's Ed on the Yamaha and my my husband, Jan on the yellow DRZ. Their other bikes are RT's.

This is Ranger Barker. He pulled Danny and I over for speeding on the dirt road up to Yankee Boy Basin.

This is my friend Joel, on his GS on Ophir Pass.

Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Bear Tooth Pass in August, 2009.

8-D
    Sharon
    '07 R1200RT (my favorite!); '12 Yamaha Super Tenere (El Gordo); '07 Suzuki DR650SE (!);
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Canyonlands, May 2009. Although it wasn't really summer, the weather was perfect!

Fish Lake Loop, near Torrey, Utah.

There are more, but I'm probably already out of line. Hope these help.
    Sharon
    '59 R 26 (my first)

All right! Great pics! Now we're talking! Sometimes in the depth of winter living vicariously is best one can hope for.
    I see you are from Uath! I went to graduate school in Logan. I wasn't a rider then. We did the Canyon last summer and I saw it in a whole new light!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullett View Post
    There are more, but I'm probably already out of line. Hope these help.
    Are you kidding? More, we want more. You have some nice pics there Bullett.
    I can't believe it's been 2 months since I was on my RT. Dreaming of summer...............or even spring.
    Spent a few hours yesterday with some club friends planning the Chicken Rally ride.
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

Here's one on Wolf Creek Pass, Utah 35

I really like this one, from my last ride in October:

I rediscovered East Canyon last fall after my husband broke his leg:

Back to summer, American Fork Canyon:

Big Cottonwood Canyon is close to our house:

Sharon
    '59 R 26 (my first)

Great photos! I used to take many more photos when I was on the back. I even used to have him drop me off to sketch while he did the twisties a few times! Now that I ride my own I hardly ever take the time to pull over. Now all I want to do is ride!