Thread: X number of peaks over X number of feet in Colorado

X number of peaks over X number of feet in Colorado

Would someone please give me the info on a rally that takes place in Colorado. They do something like 12 peaks over 12K feet. I can't even remember the month. Thanks and Merry Christmas

You may be thinking of the 100,000 foot ride, held by the Colorado Beemer Club. It will be August 7, 2010 according to their website. It's 10 passes over 10,000 feet each in one day. http://www.coloradobeemers.org/

Smile

Top of the Rockies Rally

Take a 'peak' at this site:

http://www.coloradobeemers.org/content/view/2/25/

Good Luck!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Yup, you're mixing events.

I am a HUGE fan of both events and their supporters. The Colorado 100,000 foot ride this year was about 400 miles (one day) in perfect weather and TOR is ..... well ..... an institution. Talk about riding twisties!!

Again my prejudices are showing!
    Live this day.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    I am a HUGE fan of both events and their supporters. The Colorado 100,000 foot ride this year was about 400 miles (one day) in perfect weather and TOR is ..... well ..... an institution. Talk about riding twisties!!

Again my prejudices are showing!
    Having ridden a fair amount of the front range this summer, while visiting my daughter (lives in Castle Rock), you go right ahead and brag............

You have every right to - beautiful state!!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Quote Originally Posted by agmom98 View Post
    You may be thinking of the 100,000 foot ride. It's 10 passes over 10,000 feet each in one day.
    I guess it can't be called the 100,000 foot ride since they're not starting at sea level before and after each peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Having ridden a fair amount of the front range this summer, while visiting my daughter (lives in Castle Rock), you go right ahead and brag............

You have every right to - beautiful state!!
    Thanks but it's not easy living here. Every time I throw a leg over one of my bikes I have decide which beautiful road to ride. I sometimes spend seconds or even minutes agonizing over "should I go north, should I go west, should I go south, should I go southwest, northwest, etc.,?"

Boy, it's tough I tell ya!

Thumbs up

Hopefully, the 100K foot route this year will avoid using part of the same route that the Copper Triangle bicycle race is using. Last year the route covered part of the Copper Triangle route and it was a cluster. We sometimes had bikes four abreast coming down from Tennessee Pass. I counted at least six Colorado State troopers along that section.

According to the Copper Triangle website their race is slated for 7 Aug 2010.

That was the only negative of the whole ride. A great way to see some fantastic scenery.

Mr. Warthog sir

Yea ... and you ride the twisties faster than even some of those bicycles did !!
    Live this day.

Fortunately that New Mexico F 650 GS saved us both from that CHP trooper after we passed that pick-up pulling the trailer.......