Thread: New member - Charlotte, NC

New member - Charlotte, NC

Riding the heck out of my GS. Picked it up about two months ago, and rolling up on 2000 miles. Don't know a lot of riders in the area, but that's the great thing about the bike. No need for planned trips, cause I'm prepared for anything Mother Nature throws my way.

Welcome to the insanity! You'll find a lot of committed riders here (and some that should be committed...).

Make sure you also check out the Adventure Rider board at advrider.com!
    MSF RiderCoach, Sport Bike Coach, Track Junkie, IBA, MSTA, AMA, HRCA, Factor Demo Rider
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 1990 Honda GB500TT
    Helmetless riders=Darwinism in action.

Another new member in Charlotte area

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow823 View Post
    Riding the heck out of my GS. Picked it up about two months ago, and rolling up on 2000 miles. Don't know a lot of riders in the area, but that's the great thing about the bike. No need for planned trips, cause I'm prepared for anything Mother Nature throws my way.
    I just joined a day later than you, but have not purchased a BMW bike yet. I recently test drove the new F 650 GS and ST800, but have not made a decision yet. I also do a lot of MX and ATV riding in SC and WV, but not much long distance road touring. If you have any connections with BMW sales people in the Charlotte area, let me know. I am riding a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan currently as a street bike until I get a new BMW bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I just joined a day later than you, but have not purchased a BMW bike yet. I recently test drove the new F 650 GS and ST800, but have not made a decision yet. I also do a lot of MX and ATV riding in SC and WV, but not much long distance road touring. If you have any connections with BMW sales people in the Charlotte area, let me know. I am riding a 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan currently as a street bike until I get a new BMW bike.
    Not many options in this area. I bought from the BMW shop in CLT, and feel like they were more than fair with my trade, and with the new bike. Getting an 09' at end of season doesn't hurt either. I dealt with the owner (mark) and the sales guy was Greg. Good luck!