Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Habor Freight Motorcycle Lift

Thanks, Robo. I'll give it a try.
    RichW
    2007 R12RT
    DS/DS, OEF, OIF

I got mine this morning, thanks a bunch for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by RoboRider View Post
    This hit my breaking point and I got one.
    What I'm not clear on...are these available on-line only where you'd have to pay for shipping or can you pick one up in the store?

I'm going to need a bigger garage. I'm also looking at getting a Backyard Buddy 4-post lift for the P car.

Quote Originally Posted by super8mm View Post
    I got mine this morning, thanks a bunch for the heads up
    Santa Claus did not bring me one. The fat jerk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    What I'm not clear on...are these available on-line only where you'd have to pay for shipping or can you pick one up in the store?

I'm going to need a bigger garage. I'm also looking at getting a Backyard Buddy 4-post lift for the P car.
    Most stores have several in stock. I picked up two at different locations when the prices came down on the website. You just need a pick up or a trailer and they will forklift it on for you.

The PO of my house had a 4 poster hyd lift in the shop...can't believe he didn't leave it for me...he restored Road Runners and had two in the shop when we looked at the place. Those lifts are really nice!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Most stores have several in stock. You just need a pick up or a trailer and they will forklift it on for you.
    Thanks for that bit of info. I'll call ahead when the time comes. I might as well pick up their full size blast cabinet while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    The PO of my house had a 4 poster hyd lift in the shop...can't believe he didn't leave it for me.
    I know; what is this world coming to.

harryt11
    The HF in Montclair, CA has a coupon good for 25% off anything on New Year's day. I think that is about the same as the coupon currently in the bike mags. My question: can I fit it in the back of my Toyota Rav4?

Quote Originally Posted by harryt11 View Post
    The HF in Montclair, CA has a coupon good for 25% off anything on New Year's day. I think that is about the same as the coupon currently in the bike mags. My question: can I fit it in the back of my Toyota Rav4?
    Had a 2004 RAV4 in a past life and have picked up two lifts before using a truck...I am going to say no...It is very heavy in a cruddy wooden crate that you would have to scoot into the small cargo area of the RAV...there s a heavy vs lighter end but I personally wouldn't even try it. It's about 9' when inside the crate.
    Steve Henson
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

9. 12-30-2009, 07:22 PM

harryt11
    Thanks, I'll get out the tape. May have to wait till I have a way to transport!

Quote Originally Posted by PT9766 View Post
    The crate is just about 8' - it fit inside my '05 Dodge Grand Caravan. Even out of the crate you would need 7' 3" as that is the length of the top without the detachable ramp.

PT9766
    Was remembering it sitting on the tailgate of my truck... forgot it's a shortbed

Still a load for a RAV 4's inside
    Steve Henson

getting it home

for anyone wanting one of these lifts but struggling to get it home: I rented a uHaul motorcycle trailer for $12. It is small and has a ramp. The guys at HF loaded it with a fork lift. When I got home, I dropped the tailgate on the trailer, slid the crated lift down the ramp and unpacked it all myself. The cost of the trailer was insignificant compared to the convenience! I love this lift.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcoulter View Post
    Santa Claus did not bring me one. The fat jerk!!!
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Here's a couple of pictures of my mods. The first shows the pieces (in primer) that I welded on to give me a new bar stop setting for a lower height. Welders, cut me some slack on the crappy welds. I forgot to turn on the Ar/CO2 gas! They are ugly, but they are holding.

The second picture is the wheel chock I used to replace the crappy one that comes with the lift. This new one is the kind that you roll the bike onto and it grabs and holds the wheel via the weight of the bike. For the BMW with center stand, it's not really needed. But for my CBR600 and the V-Star, with no center stands, it is essential. It will hold the bike firmly upright. It also is on sale (via a coupon) for $39 (regular $79).

Tell that fat jerk Santa he has until April for these coupon prices!

Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Robo-

I bought the same wheel chock stand. How did you affix it to the lift platform? I see you have the wide bar still attached and as i'm sure you figured out, it doesn't fit on the lift. Yours seems to just hang over the edge?

Locksmith Extraordinaire

Thumbs up

Got mine for Christmas. I told the wife I was going to buy one after Christmas if Santa didn't bring one. I guess she figured it would be cheaper to go ahead and get one now than get one later and still get me a Christmas gift. My LBS uses three of them. The wheel chock will be replaced this week and non-skid surface applied. Oh and more tie down spots.